XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

The review is much worse. My lady warned me to avoid it at all cost. My timeline gave me a response post and yeah, it’s awful.

2 Likes

I’m not planning on reading any of that, but I assume the reviews are very positive? Is that a surprise?

Whilst I agree with your criticism, a reviewer is not a journalist. They’re different skill sets. See the difference between Totilo, Schreier and Warren - not reviewers, but journalists.

2 Likes

Hmmm I see.

Years ago I had a website with my friends, we wrote reviews, previews and posted articles daily. Went to the big shows like Gamescom and also visited the devs there and sometimes even in their own territory, so to speak. We always thought of ourselves as game journalists back then. But I guess it’s not that black and white after all.

I haven’t read it yet, but the title of the review is full of praise.

It’s not about the review score or whether the person like it or not. It’s more about experience hint hint. Once you read it, you’re going to be asking “Did I click the right link?” I’ll give an example:

Review for Halo Infinite: Fighting Banished is relaxing as it is like taking out abusers and have this game was released earlier, I would have been strong enough to fight back the assault.

3 Likes

What’s actually wrong with it? I’ve not played the DLC but it’s conceivable a reviewer might think it’s not the greatest thing ever, Because From Software Only Make The Greatest Things Ever…?

I liked the base game a lot, fwiw.

Almost ready for Shadow of The Erdtree! I have improved my sword to the best I can without killing Morgott(+22), I have 10 somber smithing stones in case I need full leveled weapon. Have gotten the mimic and leveled it up to +10, defeated Eleonora for the Nihil counter.

Currently just need to level to be able to carry my chosen armor set, weapon and turtle shell shield. As well as to use a variety of different weapons, so about 100+ levels since I’m currently at 99. I’m going to be shooting that bird for hours and it will be the worst.

Actually I may need to hunt down a couple of more tree avatars.

1 Like

So ever since that article on leaker, one ousted themselves. In a polite manner, leakers aren’t so bright.

Also, the one about Persona is gone supposedly. There goes that. This year, aside from PS, leakers aren’t having a good year.

I finally got around to playing the HotWheels expansion for Forza Horizon 5 and that intro race is one of the coolest things I’ve ever experienced in a videogame. I believe the phrases “Holy sh*t” and “This is awesome” were uttered. :smile:

15 Likes

Well decided to just go ahead an go to the DLC, current level is 132. But Mogh had me on the ropes, the closest I could get using a colossal sword was to lower his health a little past his name. After hours of trying I said whatever and just summon my mimic, 3 attempts later he was dead.

I really forgot just what a brutal Mogh can be because I have fought him mostly with curve swords. Because his hit box is so big, that a 4 hit jump attack can become an 8 hit attack, but even then I’m remembering that bleeding him was the fastest way I could beat him solo. Once he’s on his second form he just jumps all over the place and if I can’t attack quick enough he wins.

U mean an AI article ?

Forgot PC didn’t release yet. Time will tell.

1 Like

Sheesh, yeah, that’s bad!

She decided to stick with the moonveil build and apparently that’s the most “noob” build you can go with, especially entering into this expansion. Some people stick to this build on purpose because they want a challenge.

She basically starts complaining how there aren’t any player messages in the world. Which is just shocking to me. She’s playing and reviewing the expansion before it even comes out. Of course there won’t be many of these messages. It’s basically early access more or less.

Later she goes on to say its too hard but in this same “review” she says that because of the developer messages it’s too handholding, lol, what is it? She goes on about entering a dungeon and reading said dev message, about where to hit them where they’re the weakest. Which is referring to some enemies there. She says this is not a directive anyone wants to see in a FS game. The thing is, you don’t have to read them. She complains about this, yet is missing player messages that can easily give even “worse” advice, to make it even easier. Plus it isn’t even new.

“One would think that FromSoft would let me learn through my own suffering but apparently not.” bro, what? And I can go on. She didn’t finish it because it’s too hard. I can’t with “reviewers” like this.

Level 137 and several hours into the Elden Ring DLC and I have to say, I think I’m going to have to switch back to smaller swords. I’m not good enough with timing and fodhing that using a Colossal sword against really fast enemies pays off often.

Fighting the Divine Lion was enough of a wake up call, because like Mogh I couldn’t get enough timing correct to beat it. It took my slow death and my mimic running in and smashing it’s face in at the last second to get that victory.

I can also say I don’t really feel too much different fighting the new enemies than fighting late game enemies. So not going into NG+ seems to be the way to go for anyone wanting a tough but fair experience.

https://x.com/charlieintel/status/1804517111542235391?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

batman

5 Likes

Started playing COD Warzone again and loving the plunder mode. It’s really got me pumped for the new Black Ops, so I decided to spend my MS Rewards on the Vault Edition.

Has the Xboxera team ever thought of doing a stream playing the Plunder mode? Good patter.

1 Like

https://x.com/Colteastwood/status/1804641949200298067?t=b4-PpAjVFSQW0GBaeD9bzQ&s=19

It is ridiculous what we’ve got to look forward to on GP… (just these 64 demonstrate such a wide variety).

12 Likes

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1804645590938300660?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

10 Likes

Out of the 64 games, im interested in the following 18 games -

1. Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
  2. Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (campaign)
  4. Avowed
  5. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
  6. Towerborne
  7. Doom: The Dark Ages
  8. Expedition 33
  9. Fable
  10. South of Midnight
  11. Marvel’s Blade
  12. Clockwork Revolution
  13. Contraband
  14. Gears of War: E-Day
  15. Perfect Dark
  16. State of Decay 3
  17. The Elder Scrolls VI
  18. The Outer Worlds 2
6 Likes

21 games I’m interested in out of those 64. 5 of which I would have bought day one. Decent!

3 Likes