XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Wukong is the definition of an overhyped game lol

8 Likes

Definitely a vocal minority thing.

6 Likes

https://x.com/insidergamingig/status/1804062809493299520?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

“We can deal with that.” -Nintendo Fans

2 Likes

Not surprising. Not a single Dark Souls DLC got new achievements.

These kinds of tweets just end up causing or stirring up more problems. King should have simply said he either heard from someone or just said it was business. This makes it sound like Sarah Bond said something she didn’t say. She said it’s business which could mean anything.

1 Like

The best selling videogame on Steam right now after Elden Ring and it’s expansion, and the most wishlisted game there too, this is not just a poor chinese game, this is going to sell like hot cakes, wouldn’t be surprised if it sells around 10 million copies before this year ends.

Having a deja vu of last year’s case with BG3 and some people saying it wasn’t a big videogame.

This said, i don’t understand the problem with the moneyhat thing, in my opinion it’s “good news” for the Xbox if this was the case, we know Sony does a good amount of moneyhats, even more lately since Xbox is struggling with sales HW and SW wise, but having big games like BG3 or Black Myth: Wukong skipping Xbox on launch just because they don’t care enough to have this version ready on day 1 is more worrying than Sony doing their tipical moneyhat.

1 Like

You know the funny thing is, before the start of this gen, the “skipping Xbox” phase was WAY, WAY worse than now. Again, the way I see it so far is same as usual and not no longer on board. That was on Xbox One, where there were so many studios that decided to skip. This one is more of remain to skip. Key difference.

Also, I find it funny when each retro game (aside from Marvel) doesn’t go to the platform, the user would all the sudden have some amazing history with that franchise, as if it’s taken from a meme of that one movie critic where every movie he grew up with apparently. But that’s just me.

9 Likes

Bit early to say this, we have no idea if the game is going to be any good

1 Like

Although I agree, especially with how small the VR market is (even more so with PSVR2), I did have a blast with these back in the day!

2 Likes

Lol don’t get me started on the overrated BG3… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Didn’t seem to cause any problems for Stellar Blade. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2024-06-21/rumors-go-dark-as-video-game-leakers-face-a-reckoning

Nintendo: Small leak, but can still maintain with self-effort.

Xbox: Leaks but can create doubts before calling a plumber

Sony: Leak emergency! Report immediately!

2 Likes

It certainly didn’t but it did knock some wind out of the sales.

Don’t think that’s comparable to it happening 2 months before release.

2 Likes

Yep, (If true) I bet Sony did the same shit with ‘Marvel vs Capcom’ and ‘Baldurs Gate 3’

Larian delaying the Xbox version 4 months for split-screen difficulties sounds fishy to me. We all know that Sony wanted a time exclusive game on their platform in order to compete against Starfield in the time period between August-September. They managed to get Baldur Gate 3 to their platform during that period to promote the game as a PS5 exclusive. They even helped with the marketing of BG3 during the release date, which was promoted as “PS5 game”.

The game was timed exclusive for 4 months on PS5, in which is the period that most sales occur.

1 Like

When it comes to multiplatform, you either:

1. Sales hurt and now we have to beg to come back!

2. Sales success but do we want to go further?

If the latter is answered with a no, then they’re okay. Look at Persona. The fact the game went up in most played list (top 15) when it first debut shows there are people that are never changing ship. BG3, we waited for months and when it shows up, it did great. Some would even argue more so than PS fans since one theorize that this type of gameplay isn’t their style.

1 Like

I already had a hard time taking game journalists and “reviews” seriously, but this one truly is horrible. How did Eurogamer sign off on this?

Truly terrible, terrible review and proves anyone can be a game journalist nowadays. Not like this Eurogamer. And the comments really show it too.

Her criticism is laughable and I’m being kind here. BN should have sent this code to XboxEra instead. Get a proper review at least.

3 Likes

You should see Kotaku. Holy Agenda, Batman.

2 Likes

That’s a site I haven’t checked out in a loooong time. So their review is even worse? Or you just mean it’s a terrible site?