XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Just gotta keep people from going PC, so it just needs to run old games at higher settings. People will be happy with FF7Rebirth Performance Mode being 1440 instead of 720p lol.

1 Like

Thereā€™s not much they can do if Sony made a deal - if the contracts are signed, they canā€™t come in and offer more money to gazump PS.

And to be honest they donā€™t really need to - the game looks OK but Iā€™m much more stoked about whatā€™s coming to Xbox in the next year or two, if there isnā€™t some stupid deal in place then I might get round to this in 2026 at this rate.

The last time a game had actual optimisation issues was BG3 and I think everyone here knows that did not turn out to be a Day 1 purchase I remember fondly - so Iā€™m happy to wait if it is really for optimisation (which Iā€™m now heavily doubting)

I love how the game looks and previews sound great but of course, this all depends on reviews and reception.

I really really want Xbox to be my third parties console but Jesus Microsoft is making it hard for me.

1 Like

Xbox can still be the third party machine. What you mad cuz they didnā€™t sit there and stalk every freaking developer. We got to make sure Sony didnā€™t make a deal You got millions of freaking third-party games come to the platform. Oh but this poor Chinese game that came out of nowhere that everybodyā€™s gashing up is missing yours because Sony decided to do the old fashioned back Allie deal. Itā€™s not the end of the world and shouldnā€™t get mad at the because of it. If that studio decided to do this, thatā€™s their stupid choice and I say stupid cuz they didnā€™t even worry about their public image. If the rumors and whatā€™s been said about to happen over there is true

3 Likes

Throwing the towel? What exactly do you expect Xbox to do about it?

4 Likes

It could be a Baldurā€™s Gate 3 situation here, but what about Wukong would the devs have issues with, with Series S? The dev did not specifically say S after their latest trailer, they said Xbox versions overall. So perhaps itā€™s just not their number one priority and all their dev time goes to PS5 and PC first. Itā€™s apparently a small studio too.

I donā€™t know much about game development though, maybe someone with some knowledge here can chime in? Would a Xbox version really take that much more time or is it basically a ā€œsimpleā€ port process from PC or PS5 to Xbox?

Iā€™m more excited about this than whatā€™s been talked about for the past day:

9 Likes

Iā€™m unironically with you on this. This game just hits right for me, so much so that Iā€™m going to buy it for the PS5 so I can play through it again and get those trophies. :smile:

3 Likes

True greatness is back again baby

3 Likes

Personally, timed exclusive or not, releasing later on Xbox is the smarter decision because like with Baldurā€™s Gate 3, you build hype for the game on the platforms where it will be available and if itā€™s good, those who are only on the platform that has to wait for the game will be interested because itā€™s a good game and worth playing. For Game Science like with Larian, youā€™re having two launches instead of one. Also, the Fall is packed so Xbox wise, I would target late January/early February. Thatā€™s if thereā€™s no timed exclusivity deal in place. If there is, you can expect from a one year to a never getting the game type of deal. Unless they tell you, thereā€™s no way to know for sure and theyā€™re not going to tell you because they want you on their platform and in their eco-system.

As for Black Myth Wukong itself, I think that the game is going to be great and while im interested in it, thereā€™s a few negatives for me personally - first, thereā€™s no difficulty levels which is a no-go for me simply because of the type of game it is - souls like which means that thereā€™s no guarantee I will be able to complete the game. Second, itā€™s digital only which is a no-go since itā€™s not guaranteed to be completed. And third, it releases a week before Visions of Mana and Star Wars Outlaws which are two games im much more interested in playing.

1 Like

I would like to believe if such a deal was in place that the MS spokesperson and/or Game Science could just say itā€™s not coming to Xbox anymore. But this person said they are looking forward and working with them. I donā€™t think they ever said this about FF7R for example.

But weā€™ll just have to wait and see, luckily Xbox has trained us super well in that regard. :smile:

1 Like

When we talk optimization it could be both higher level logic that is the same across all platforms or it could be more efficient use of specific API or hardware capabilities (which would be platform or even hardware specific). On Xbox you have to optimize for two platforms, one of which requires even more work because youā€™re trying to squeeze eveyetging you can out of a low spec machine.

2 Likes

If true instead of straight up saying youā€™ve taking a deal the Xbox Series S is the issue. Thatā€™s low.

4 Likes

In my mind, I am imagining the game not making itā€™s release date and Sony coming in and saying what if we toss u some money (or resources) and prioritize these platforms and get to that other one later.

1 Like

Possible but I feel its giving Sony too much credit

4 Likes

ā€œMaybe we should stay quiet.ā€ -Capcom Port Team

Then they should say it. People would understand when a small studio takes some kind of exclusive deal.

1 Like

Ah found that tweet about Sarah Bond again. This is what I meant

https://x.com/KeemaMr/status/1802269625406693865

Yep Iā€™ve finished all the other DLC so really looking forward to this one - even though it makes me into a zombie while playing, thereā€™s something just relaxing and satisfying about itā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, they probably would just say it but then again, if thereā€™s a clause in the contract that prevents them from saying anything, then they obviously wonā€™t because they wouldnā€™t want to go against the contract they signed.

Weā€™ll definitely just have to wait and see.

1 Like