XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

This one is what I like to call the Funko of Japan or expensive Funko. The reason is not just the quality is really good but it also brings parts, so you can mess with it like a role-play. Depends on what it’ll bring, the cost will vary.

1 Like

I am buying it on Switch. August 1st

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1804127466254143555?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

7 Likes

Not that I have seen. It seems to just track the last messaged loaded of each thread. Sorry.

1 Like

More and more Phil’s decision to wait and see was the right choice.

4 Likes

Imagine if he did follow. The layoff and revenue hit would have been bad.

Going live

I feel sorry for those with one.

One thing I never understood is, why didn’t Valve bring Half-Life Alyx to PSVR 2?

Why would they ever bring their game to anything other than their own platform, Steam?

4 Likes

It could have been a deal between Sony and them. I don’t know, for some reason I really expected it to happen. I guess I never really realised Steam has their own VR. It shows how much I know about VR, lol.

1 Like

Nah it is ok, it seems a bit random. Say ive got loads to read in a thread,then i reply to a post, it takes u to the end right, makes sense. But i want to go back to qhere i was up to when i replied,and sometimes when u go back manually it kicks in again, the remaining messages,sometimes it doesnt.

Just played Cyberpunk for a few hours tonight,first time in a long time. The changes and the way it is implemented is great, going to a ripper doc etc

1 Like

https://x.com/jezcorden/status/1804142749857296450?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Depends on the answer, perhaps Capcom should do this just to be stopped being heated on them.

1 Like

Very curious about this one. Hopefully it’s not too bad because if previews are anything to go by this one is very promising. Games Radar even went as far as to say it might be the best action RPG this year.

I do wonder how the console version even looks, we haven’t seen any.

1 Like

I should probably read more on wukong, but it looked like an Action game to me. I guess this is one of those things where they just call everything a RPG.

We got Dragon’s Ave and Avowed this year, I better not see an action game winning RPG awards haha.

3 Likes

Looks like they are suggesting (but not confirming) a deal with another platform holder lol.

1 Like

I asked both Microsoft and Game Science to comment on the “optimizations” issue, seeking some clarity. Was the Xbox Series S to blame? Game Science didn’t respond, but this morning, a Microsoft spokesperson offered the below statement.

“We’re excited for the launch of Black Myth Wukong on Xbox Series X|S and are working with Game Science to bring the game to our platforms. We can’t comment on the deals made by our partners with other platform holders, but we remain focused on making Xbox the best platform for gamers, and great games are at the center of that.”

Exclusivity deal?

I became aware of whispers and rumors while out in LA for the Xbox Showcase 2024 that, despite the optimization assertions, Game Science had actually taken some form of exclusivity deal with PlayStation for Black Myth: Wukong. Reading between the lines, Microsoft does seem to suggest that some form of third-party exclusivity deal may be in play, although it stops short of explicitly stating as such.

If that is the case, a retroactive exclusivity deal like this is problematic for a variety of reasons, particularly when you’ve already announced which platforms your game is coming to. A delay for “optimization” reasons is also problematic for Microsoft and Xbox, because it furthers the narrative that Xbox isn’t a priority for developers, and furthers speculation that developers find the Xbox Series S difficult to work with. If Black Myth: Wukong had taken an exclusivity deal, it would be within Sony’s interests to cast doubt over the Xbox platform by keeping details of the deal a secret.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets clarified soon. This type of shit is tiresome af. Didn’t Sarah Bond recently more or less imply a deal as well? Business is business or something?

9 Likes

Poor. Very poor if they’ve taken an exclusivity agreement AFTER they announced it as multi platform and then come up with some rubbish about optimisation.

8 Likes

And if it does turn out to be a deal with Sony, what? We’ll be waiting half a year, a year for it to come to Xbox? When will we even find out, post launch?

At that point I’m just gonna get it for PS5 (Pro) once that drops. I hate this kind of vague bullshit so much.

1 Like

I think exclusivity deals should have to be legally declared and made clear. I honestly have no interest in Black Myth, but it’s still annoying that this kind of nonsense continues without anyone in the gaming media, or even the FTC’s and CMA’s of the world, batting an eye.

10 Likes

See I’m the exact opposite - they do this vague bullshit and Sony can kiss my PS5 Pro purchase goodbye.

I was already on the fence about it despite having a significant number of friends who are PS-only given cross-play is mostly a thing now - and that Sony have sod all coming that I’m that interested in to be honest.

But I’m still likely to buy it out of habit - but if Wukong does this kind of deal and rather than being honest about it has used “optimisation” as a weasel excuse to blame Xbox and help Sony, then I’ll definitely not be buying the PS5 Pro nor Wukong.

Fuck that shit - I’d just about begun to forgive Sony’s behaviour this generation, given Ryan going and realising how bad their profitability was and how much ABK shook them, but if they start to pull shit like this again then I’m back on the “fuck Sony” train and I will not be buying another of their consoles and I won’t be supporting any developer / publisher that makes these kind of shady deals…

Just be fucking up front about it is all I ask - I hate Square for the most part but at least they’re pretty up front about “yep we took Sony’s money”

3 Likes