XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Yeah, but the one thing is. A few weeks ago I asked the dev on Twitter if the whole story campaign was co-op ala Gears of War and he said it was. But this new overview doesn’t make that clear at all. I really hope it still is, because I’d love to go through the full story campaign with my brother.

I don’t completely get it because I saw that Dark Forces also by LRG is coming for Xbox. But then there’s Fear Effect, coming to everything except Xbox.

It’s honestly just games I really don’t care about at all, I just hope it won’t get worse.

1 Like

I’m eyeing the Switch version myself. They were initially PlayStation 1 games but considering they are coming out everywhere else I don’t understand why not on Xbox as well.

1 Like

@Staffy

I rewatched the video to be sure : so there’s 3 player Coop Campaign (you can see the 3 playable characters) that they already announced and more replayable Coop Missions called Operation mode with 6 classes to level up and cosmetics to unlock.

Last mode is competitive multiplayer Eternal War. It seems to be pretty packed content wise, if everything is as meaty as it sounds.

1 Like

Thanks man.

This sounds so much like a day one buy, wow. Really hope it looks close to that on Xbox too.

1 Like

The thing that bother me is the release date. With the premium edition, which claims to have 4 days early access, Space Marine 2 releases not on the 9th but on the 5th of September, same day as Stalker 2.

SW Outlaws launches a week earlier than both of these games. After that, it’s full on blockbuster jampacked releases every other week.

1 Like

It’s funny how if a lie is repeated enough it’s as if it became the truth. Or rather people continue parroting lies as if they’re the truth. Since the Nintendo direct I have seen so many variations of “Xbox owners don’t buy games” .( it used to be Xbox owners don’t buy Fighting Games or Xbox owners don’t buy JPRGs now we don’t buy any games, like at all) Either in their desperation to justify Capcom’s decision to skip Xbox with MVC2 or in their never ending crusade against Gamepass or both. ( even from some self proclaimed , alleged “xbox guys” ) I mean we just had the Hypercharge dev screaming from the rooftop about how well his game is doing on xbox, and he is far from the only one.

Gaming Youtubers and gaming media in their Fox News style of covering this hobby have ruined gaming discourse in general but especially concerning Xbox. Never seen so many people be so hostile at xbox owners for wanting games on that platform.

Social media plays a big part too of course. One of the reasons I miss the 90’s so much when it comes to gaming.

16 Likes

4 Likes

Looks great and can’t wait for it. Day one for me!! :joy:

Only having a three game problem? Damn rookies. LOL

I have a five game problem -

1. Visions of Mana
  2. Star Wars Outlaws
  3. Astro Bot
  4. Stalker 2
  5. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2

All in a two week span. I’m going to play them in the following order - Visions of Mana > Astro Bot > Space Marine 2 > Star Wars Outlaws > Stalker 2.

In what will be a 20 game year for me, 15 of them are in the second half with 14 being from late August through the rest of the year. UGH.

3 Likes

They have to get something after showcase. “I don’t like good news for Xbox. Find something bad and repeat the doom process now!” That’s the feeling I got but I went elsewhere.

5 Likes

Is their a way to reset where ur up to in a thread ? So it holds the memory point i mean

1 Like

Were Humanity and Bookwalker abke to capture your attention more than a few days ?? Just pondering thise two lately myself

God dammit man! Your online, leave ur logic and maturity at the door please.

Yep it’s one of my favourite games for the PS1 and played it death when I was younger. I’ll probably buy it on steam when it’s available.

2 Likes

And I believe same say as SW is Visions of Mana too. It’s absolutely bonkers!

I can see a game or two maybe being pushed into 2025. I do hope it’s not one of the ones I really want to play, such as Avowed, Indiana Jones.

1 Like

Bookwalker became a bit repetitive and I did not dig that combat. But it was a few hours away from leaving GP and wasn’t gonna buy it.

Humanity is something I’ll juggle between other games such as Disco Elysium, I definitely intend to keep up with that but not constantly. It’s a great game to in between others.

2 Likes

From some of the talks about it on reddit, it seems deciding not to go to the DLC in NG+ for Elden Ring was the right call for me. Because it seems anything above a new game is putting people in a position to be bodied in the DLC, and apparently 50 vigor maybe the new health meta.

For Nendroid collector out there, Marcus Fenix is getting his own.

2335722-e253e

3 Likes

Damn, that one is SICK!

Or as the good man himself would simply say…

Nice!

1 Like

Yeah, the manufacturer can be really good at these, even their Pop-Up line-up which not only looks nice in person but cost less.

How much will this one be? And wait, Nendoroid is by the same one as Funko?