XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

I ve gone back to Doom 2016 and I am really enjoying the simplicity of it after Eternal and it’s systems juggling (I also liked it though).

1 Like

Its really unfortunate both for Xbox and Nintendo users that MS and Nintendo could not work out a better deal with the old Rare games. Perfect Dark on NSO should have been the 4J port, they used the emulated one and its trash :confused:

Nearly forgot to post about it! But no Silksong at the direct either lol

6 Likes

South of Midnight’s presentation clears everything in that Direct, but it was decent.

6 Likes

My controversial opinion is that Diablo 4 is mediocre. I can’t bring myself to finish it. :grimacing:

1 Like

I doubt there is an issue with the MT Framework engine and the Xbox consoles, Monster Hunter World runs on MT so the engine is up and running on Xbox just fine.

I love DOOM 2016 but going back to it after Eternal is difficult, I am feeling like the game doesn’t have anything more to give me in terms of gameplay depth/mechanics wise (I have more than 100hrs in 2016 though to be fair) while Eternal is an infinitely replayable game IMO.

And don’t get me wrong I am mediocre at both games and definitely not some amazing player or something but I feel that every time I play Eternal I become a little better in that game and discover new cool ways to deal with enemies and/or approach combat scenarios differently…also The Ancient Gods 1 is freakin’ god-tier (Master Levels are awesome too) which is another plus for Eternal. That being said 2016 still looks and runs amazing on SX and it’s quite different in terms of atmosphere so I can see why you are enjoying it that much, it’s a really great game after all.

I understand that some concern trolling accounts that only appear to post every negative thing they can find for Xbox can become really annoying but yeah lately there are some needlessly hostile and passive aggressive replies/posts towards users that are honest, legit and part of the community here that also kill the mood and create negativity in the end too.

3 Likes

If people want to attempt to tone-police, you can flag posts. Otherwise, leave the moderation to the mods… we’ve gotten plenty of posts from years-long members about how the months between March-early June were some of the worst period this community has ever seen, and it wasn’t because of some supposed victim-complex…

8 Likes

Forza Horizon 5 adding Kitt from Knightrider, even as paid DLC, is awesome for me lol - was obsessed with that car as a kid.

Now just a Baywatch simulator with the jetskis, Scarabs and helicopters in it and my inner child will be content given we already had a Robocop game…

Yep I was a weird kid, more obsessed with anything fast and with an engine than the rest of Baywatch lol…

That show was one of a few that started my need for speed - successfully begged for a jetski and quad bike in mid teens, and now I’m older and paying the price in my joints I do love FH5 to get my fix still

5 Likes

Funny. As much as I liked JRPGs here, I still got Expedition 33 on my head. I understand what that guy meant when he said “Finally high budget turned based RPG.” Yes, I know that’s technically incorrect, but I get it.

4 Likes

Dw I regularly bounce off games that others have declared masterpieces, only to play “walking sim”, puzzle games or AA RPGs that are meant to just be “OK” but I end up adoring.

While I have loved many of the big games, I still just love a small narrative game or just going back and doing yet another DLC in Powerwash Simulator, my ultimate nirvana - I even get dry eyes playing it as I’m so intensely focused on it, it freakily seems to scratch some itch I didn’t even know I had…

Now if only doing my garden or cleaning my house were as simple as games and as fun…

1 Like

Agreed. The first bit was a bit dull with known-remakes/remasters being announced (DQ3 was announced years ago, for example, but it’s nice to finally SEE it), but when we started getting some of the new title announces, I think it turned around well enough for a B in my books. Obviously, I want to be extremely excited for Metroid Prime 4, I’m just a bit worried after seeing some of the same gameplay design from the first one… with some of the technical outdatedness that entails from some of the scripted elements.

That said, aside from the head-scratching Switch Lite announcement, there was nothing egregiously bad. I do think this constant pushing off unveiling the new Switch is a mistake, but I also know that I’ve been chomping at the bit for a new generation from Nintendo as the Switch architecture is practically ancient (and it shows).

Edit: while it’s definitely not ‘Direct-worthy’, I always appreciate the NSO editions - seeing Perfect Dark and Turok on there hits a special part of my nostalgia-center (and yes, I bought them when they released on Xbox day one). Also, don’t skip Zero Mission, the Metroid remakes are arguably some of the best in the industry.

5 Likes

Now this sounds good to me!

https://x.com/PlayFlintlock/status/1803088353904017419

11 Likes

This is great news for my old man reflexes. Cant wait to play it.

5 Likes

https://x.com/expedition33/status/1803089039882371381?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

True story, when I saw 33 in the trailer, I was like “Oh new trailer for 33 Immortals.” Then I remember “Wait, they were like 2D and small sprite. Maybe it’s like that anime trailer, only to be RTS moment for Xbox.”

6 Likes

My old man reflexes will be put to test soon with Shadow of the Erdtree so I will continue the onslaught with choosing Possessed on Flintlock too! wish me luck! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ashen was a pretty cool game with some neat ideas so I am really excited for this one.

1 Like

Same. Love both of those game. Kinda of surprised that they have a whole separate app though. Would have expected a bit more than two games to drop a whole new app.

1 Like

The part about grim locations and story moments sound good. Give me that!

5 Likes

https://x.com/PMS_Jordan/status/1803121027867701567?t=U1NkhI6ciIcoczqMmcnxVQ&s=19

Wow, they are on a roll.

2 Likes

That’s what you call a bubble.

14 Likes

Yep it’s going to pop eventually.

6 Likes