XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

It’s just ridiculous the shit some people say. Griffin in a YouTube post that PS and Xbox have a lot to learn from Nintendo still. Visual fidelity and high budgets are great fun fun experiences is what matter most.

I guess Doom isn’t fun eh? I guess the new Gears won’t be fun? South of Midnight? Hey, at least Xbox has brand new IP in the pipeline, what I saw during this direct was the same old shit.

Folks are full of it. At least give Xbox the props they really deserve.

5 Likes

Honestly, this is the time the industry is on. Like I know it sucks, but what does that have to do with what was shown? Like are we supposed to hate every show due to the current landscape of the industry?

https://x.com/jasonschreier/status/1803077676464312741

8 Likes

Schreier being a dickwad, quelle surprise!

10 Likes

Funny how the conversation only applies to Xbox and not Sony’s 2021, 2022, or 2024 shows… you know, all years that they closed studios, in some cases some of the oldest first-party studios in history. But yeah, this is just the most obvious bad-faith console warring bullshit from “adults” who should know better by now… if they want to be seen as legitimate journalists with someone of actual value that they bring to the table.

24 Likes

Griffin is an absolute clown with a pretty iffy posting history, but he’s allowed to like the Nintendo direct more than the other showcases. Dudes still a clown though.

1 Like

Remember, there is no bias. Nope, none at all. :smile:

10 Likes

True. I used to check his content when he was dunking on silly PS fanboys takes during the whole ABK thing, but lately his content is just not great.

1 Like

Definitely disappointed with multiple ports missing Xbox (funnily enough, just played the OG Xbox version of MvC2 this weekend), but I guess I’ll just buy the CAPCOM collection on PS5.

I’m not sure what’s going on with some of these ports, but I hope the issue is remedied soon.

Have you played a Metroid Prime game? it’s nothing like DOOM, also I don’t understand what people were expecting graphics wise from a Switch game that targets 60fps.

The Direct as a whole was pretty good, especially if you consider that we are at the end tail of the system’s life. Two new game announcements (that look super fun too) for the end of the year plus finally seeing after all these years MP4 in action is more than most people expected to be honest.

We don’t have to shit on the Direct or Nintendo as a whole with a knee jerk reaction because some losers on twitter say stupid shit about Xbox’s showcase…all this crap is console wars bait and you know it, I’d like to believe that we are better than that.

1 Like

With the amount of gaslighting this lot is doing, it reminds me of another situation in the world where a group is telling us that we’re not seeing the thing our very own eyes are telling us they’re seeing…

7 Likes

https://x.com/ign/status/1803106221362221261?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

“Oh! If only I have a button that has like 10,000 votes so I can give it to not-Xbox!”

But seriously, a bit surprised that Xbox is winning by a large margin. 61% followed by 21%.

6 Likes

I’ll just buy Marvel on Steam. At least I should be able to use my Xbox Fight Stick with the Steam Deck. Then later, if rumors of the next Xbox are true, maybe it will play on that too…

2 Likes

Find it hilarious that they skipping on the best input latency on console. Literally fighting games fans hopes and dreams.

3 Likes

I can’t even imagine trying to play that type of game on the switch, particularly portable. My hands fell off just thinking about it.

1 Like

Quick Resume would have helped me. I still remember when I was playing a single player game and then we went back to play SF4A after like 6 months and we were right back to character select screen. Oh well.

What’s even funnier is Dreamcast is the one majority remembers the most yet Xbox replicate the feel with its controller at the time. So nostalgia is strangely stronger on the platform. Go figure.

1 Like

I sort of have a different take on the Capcom collection skipping Xbox than most.

If you are a middle aged gamer, buy a MAME arcade machine. Just do it! What are you waiting for? Sure I buy most classic collections that release to Xbox, but I also don’t really care if they skip Xbox, playing on a standup arcade machine is where it’s at.

1 Like

I honestly hope I ve found the right words to express this idea without offending anyone.

I see some of you are constantly (like all the time) saying Nintendo and PlayStation games get a pass for whatever reason and Xbox games don’t.

I kinda try to avoid using the term but yeah, to me it reads like victim complex. I mean, it is already a burden to carry that mentality all the time but I think it sucks for mainly two reasons:

• You are going to end up underestimating some Playstation and Nintendo games because yes, they also release mediocre games and a ton of ports, but some of their games are really great. Many people love their games, are all of them mistaken?

• Is it that important what others think about Xbox games? We are here, in this community, because we love Xbox games, we appreciate them for what they are and we enjoy playing them. On top of that, we also have a space to talk about them here with people who share our liking for them. What else is needed?

My two cents.

1 Like

I don’t have problem with them not liking Xbox. It’s just with Nintendo, and trust me, I still love Nintendo games, fans can call it the best thing ever made for over one thing in which we don’t know how it will end up being in the first place. Xbox had to show at least 15 games that are damn good which again no one knows until it’s out to give them a reason to give it at least a B.

That all said the polls are making me think twice. They actually gave flowers to Xbox despite today’s showing. So in a way, I can’t really think the same way as much anymore. We are growing.

1 Like

Not sure who that is but he has a point TBH.

Some of the most fun I have had with my kids are in games like Human Fall Flat, Wobbly Life and Boomerang Fu etc which we keep coming back too.

Realistically I think the main thing they need to learn from Nintendo is nurturing IP and quality control with their releases. As good as Halo Infinite is now, to release it they way they did not only damaged what was considered their flagship IP but the wider Xbox brand IMO.

Xbox now own so many beloved franchises which if abandoned could potentially damage them long term, for example it’s so frustrating it’s taken this long to get another Fable and Perfect Dark game, back in the day Fable was one of their key IP’s!

1 Like

In all fairness, Nintendo got their footing and scheduling down pack since the launch. Xbox was the growing titan down the road and once the purchases were complete, they begin to bel like Nintendo with their output. I know they took a while, but after 2022, the flow feels so breezy now.

1 Like