XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Lmao. Sony have as much Backbone as an invertebrate.

Shsme the devs and game got nuked but nice to see sony get embarrased within a market they have 0 clue about

The media wonā€™t even hilight the horrible aspects of PSN account process now, forcing PS Console purchase on certain countries and invasive ID Verification in UK. So this will all be handwoven away and mischaracterized as PC Overreactions by the gaming media next time itā€™s mentioned.

3 Likes

Happy for the PC gamers who were affected by it. Good outcome.

1 Like

Damnā€¦I said Sony would reverse their decision within two weeks. I should have said within two days. Great that Sony reversed it even though it should have simply been an optional thing as opposed to being mandated.

1 Like

Theres no way they would have waited 2 weeks. For what? Either they reverse very quickly or double down.

1 Like

So they chose sales over MAU growth.

1 Like

The ironic thing is they can probably still get MAU numbers from Steam/Arrowhead.

When a company force you things, they donā€™t trust consumers to make it grow.

1 Like

I think its obvious that next game they launch will have mandatory PSN sign in at launchand wont allow a helldiver situation to happen imo

2 Likes

This was the best thing to do in this situation for Sony. However, and Tom Warren said it best, trust has been lost with PC gamers in the process.

2 Likes

Anyone here played Disco Elysium?

I started with it, but right from the start when at first thereā€™s a black screen with lots of talkingā€¦I honestly had a hard time understanding any of that. The Reptilian brain and Limbic system talk. This is how it starts and Iā€™m likeā€¦

What?!

I of course do get the overall story, so far, thatā€™s not hard to understand but I decided to visit this book store and honestlyā€¦i had no idea what I was reading. And when I press X and I go all the way to the right with RT I see this list of words and stuff and Iā€™m just lost. I have no idea wtf this is.

Hopefully the general story staysā€¦understandable. And the humor and optional, often humorous dialogue choices are nice.

2 Likes

Think I gave up after getting stuck in a conversation with the factory boss that I didnā€™t have the stats for so kept dying.

Iā€™ll go back to it at some point but itā€™s been a few years and Iā€™ve not been bothered to yet lol - think itā€™s another one like Baldurā€™s Gate 3 that was a media / critics darling that Iā€™ve bounced off

2 Likes

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1787491549934202983?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

1 Like

Yeah, it was due to the super positive reviews that I decided to buy it the other day. Been meaning to check it out for a long time now. Had hoped for GP release but alas.

Iā€™m just gonna continue the story, Iā€™ll also make sure to save plenty. What you said about dying, well I got injured at the start with the fan and the tie hanging from there, lol. Itā€™s definitely aā€¦unique experience so far.

1 Like

Does install to console from the web work for anyone else? I havenā€™t been able to do this successfully for probably a year or more. It works fine from the Xbox app, but for some reason I always get an error from the web. I always get an error that it canā€™t find my device (though it seems to be looking for a PC instead of console).

{
  "status": {
    "errorCode": "XboxDataNotFound",
    "errorMessage": "Could not find device of type PC with ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
  },
  "consoleCommandOpId": null,
  "queueStatus": null
}

https://x.com/jezcorden/status/1787384747280281830?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Last time we heard this, we were given a great showing.

5 Likes

2023 was an excellent showcase for me personally. If 2024 can match or surpass it, oh man!! Hyped!!

3 Likes

You think we see persona 6?

Wouldnā€™t be surprised but Iā€™m not expecting anything other than an announce trailer if we do. Atlus will have released four games before the end of the year and they still have another two coming after the showcase, so I imagine theyā€™ll want primary focus on those.

4 Likes

What are the chances of seeing FF16 getting announced do yaā€™ll think?

Helldivers 2 would be so nice to see too, but very likely not.

1 Like