XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

The year one pass for Doom Eternal is only 12 euros now. But I still had a 5 euro gift card thanks to Rewards.

What a freaking steal for two expansions! I guess the adventure continues after all! Let’s go!!!

2 Likes

they’re both as good if not better than the main campaign, too

1 Like

Maybe I should play the expansions. I just remember people saying they were hard af and deciding nope.

1 Like

I don’t think they’ll backdown because they most likely want to make this a mandatory thing for their PC games. THey most likely want to keep track of MAU and this is easiest way to inflate PS+ numbers

Anyway, while the reviews are negative the game still has many active users because as we speak there are still 90k+ players playing on steam

1 Like

They’re doubling down by pulling the game from markets where you can’t have a PSN account. It’s wild.

I can’t belive they are doing this… MS tried to do the same but didn’t feel like it was worth it. It feels desperate from Sony’s part.

1 Like

Holy shit! For real? I didn’t expect that.

I’m taking a break from all that super fast paced action, and now make a start with Disco Elysium. But I might check out Ancient Gods 1 later in the evening.

That’s very good to know. It’s been decided I’m keeping the difficulty at the lowest once again, haha. I was wondering if I should try one higher after having finished the campaign and maybe having learned a thing or two, well, nope.

1 Like

PSN account enforcement for existing PC gamers is not enforced until June 4th. We won’t see the impact on CCU until June 5th.

As such, as of May 6th, all new HELLDIVERS 2 players on Steam will be required to connect their Steam account to a PlayStation Network account. Current players on Steam will start to see the mandatory login from May 30th and will be required to have linked a Steam and PlayStation Network account by June 4th .

2 Likes

Yep they were unencrypted which is just insane!:

I have just been replaying Doom 2016 on the Deck. Just have the final two missions to go and then I’ll probably be starting on Eternal.

Have you seen some of the speedruns out there?

3 Likes

This was highly entertaining to watch, especially hearing the devs. Because they were disliking and admiring it at the same time. They disliked what this speedrunner did to their creations, very understandable, but admired how these speedrunners manage to find these glitches and exploits, plus when he was playing the game the normal way during some combat parts he was really good.

2 Likes

Yeah I found it really insightful to hear what the Devs think, I can’t remember his role now but I think it was the Art director who just kept saying he’s not even stopping to admire the view!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Really happy that you enjoyed DOOM Eternal! it’s an amazing game and a big improvement over DOOM 2016 (though it’s obviously still a really great game) in almost every aspect, boss fights is the only thing that 2016 is doing better IMO though the boss fights in TAG1 are fantastic. The expansion pass is definitely worth playing if you enjoyed the campaign, TAG1 is god-tier and while TAG2 is pretty good too it didn’t reach the levels of quality from the first expansion. Also there are some really cool looking levels in the expansions, id is such a super talented team man! :partying_face:

It’s more challenging than the campaign in the same difficulty levels because the game is throwing more demanding/challenging combat scenarios at you but you can always lower the difficulty, both expansions are awesome so don’t hesitate to give them a try if you enjoyed the main game!

2 Likes

This keeps getting worse the more you look into it. Sony Premium Gaming.

SONY doesn’t allow Ukraine players to register PSN account without buying PS4-PS5, basically locking them out of playing Helldivers 2 even if they are in PSN available country

https://twitter.com/kaseyike21/status/1786890037134757968

7 Likes

I wonder how their trophies overlay is going to be received, since PS doesn’t have a game launcher/store, they will have to install this overlay along with every game they release. Can see some similar reactions forthcoming.

if you play an xbox game on steam and link your account do you get xbox achievements

What’s wild to me is that Sony was selling a game to gamers who literally cannot get a PSN account and they coincidentally had the PSN account linking requirement turned off when the game launched and coincidentally turned it back on a few weeks later while also coincidentally changing their documentation about PSN account linking being “optional” to “required”.

It all seems a bit… odd?

7 Likes

https://x.com/operagxofficial/status/1787247191959998917?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Who is running this account?

2 Likes

Very ironic that Sony’s greatest success is who is burying the popularity of the brand.

Its shady as hell. it should of been advised up front

Interesting, so Sony backed down

https://x.com/PlayStation/status/1787331667616829929

3 Likes