XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

The real problem was the early pledge of no censorship. As the saying goes, don’t make a promise if you know you can’t keep it.

1 Like

At least it makes the grifters take a few days off trolling Xbox.

Stellar Blade was always a bit out there considering how corporate Sony have become, a definite play for the teenage / horny audience when they’ve tried to get away from that being the stereotypical gamer since GamerGate (Xbox has pushed a lot harder against the stereotype I feel).

I do find it amusing sometimes when Sony have encouraged the console warring (to some extent) get bitten by their own more rabid fans / influencers / media…

Yeah it’s one thing when it was PS1/2 generations and very few people had the internet - it was tasteless then but there probably was a large market for it which you’d think would have better things to do now.

I’ve never quite understood it either, as when I’m gaming I’m either in first person or too busy trying to stay alive and keep my eyes on the enemies to notice what my character is wearing!

I’d laugh if they did a cross-over with Powerwash Simulator and covered up the main character in the jet-washing suit :stuck_out_tongue:

Not showing big tits with physics is gamer oppression and literally 1984.

5 Likes

Buddy of mine just bought Fallout 4 for his PS4 for 5 euros at a flea market. He’s in for a treat!!!

2 Likes

oh i absolutely can believe it.

the best part is all these outraged people are often not really into games. and their leader is Mark Kern.

2 Likes

Wow Timdog spouting that “DEI” shit now too? Disappointing but somehow not surprising. Many of these dudes are showing their true colors with this “DEI” dogwhistle. Console was bullshit aside, I thought he was cool on that front. Guess a block is in order.

Truth be told I don’t believe in censorship either nor do I think there is anything wrong with Sexualisation. People being A-OK seeing someone getting sawed in half via chainsaw with blood and guts spilling everywhere but drawing the line at bouncing tits being “juvenile” has always struck me as odd but it’s equally annoying to see the other side spaz out every time a woman doesn’t look like a fucking super model and make up conspiracy theories as to why that is.

People using the main character of Fable annoy me especially. Clearly they know nothing about Fable ( or aren’t very media literate to begin with ) to get why she looks the way she does. They clearly didn’t get the hint from watching the trailer either. It’s all talking points anyway. These people are using these games to push whatever agenda. Political groups do this.

“Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce and the evil DEI 's( code for black people BTW because they’re too spinless to use the phrase they really mean. automatic block from me BTW) wanna take our games away!”

I wonder if all the false hype and manufactured controversy around Stellar Blade will translate to sales in the end though. We’ll see.

3 Likes

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1784147848294224151?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

4 Likes

What is “DEI” ?

A Racist dogwhistle.

6 Likes

people are against

Diversity

Equity

Inclusion

yeah

Their games? These people dont even play xD

5 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of weird shit and racism appearing online, especially with this election cycle coming up in both the US and Canada and right wing ideology coming into the spotlight and a lot of people I didn’t expect agreeing with those. I’ve actually cut bridges with people I know or I’m getting close with some because of how they have been these last few months and how I didn’t even know until recently.

Really sad times and social media isn’t helping.

2 Likes

Lol got to admit with getting older I swear I’m getting more squeamish about games too - or maybe it’s as graphics get better.

I generally prefer games don’t sexualise, except when it goes with the story - Mass Effect for example in addition to making you care deeply about your team would let a relationship develop over the trilogy that made a team member extra important to your character (which helps with role playing).

But when I was a kid I didn’t care, and I didn’t care about running over civilians in GTA3 or blowing bits off people etc.

Now I hate when a game makes me kill animals for an objective, don’t particularly like too much gore unless the enemy has been established as a really bad person (and will often use the takedown approach unless the enemies are actual nazis or it’s me or them) and generally play as lawful good (although I’ll happily blow a bad person’s brains out to stop them coming back / hurting people).

Saying that I now love Powerwash Simulator, House Flipper and puzzle games - maybe I’m just old and like being comfy lol

3 Likes

Yeah. A lot of people I thought were OK have been letting their masks slips. As always though I am glad when people show me who they really are. I block and move on.

Fair enough. For me over the top gore is too cartoony to really bother me where realistic violence tends to be more disturbing. All in the way it’s done. You mention GTA , I used to be one of those who went on rampages taking out hundred of npc’s in the old GTA for shits and giggles. But when the “HD era” GTAs came out and the npcs started acting more lifelike and realistic as opposed to the robotic ones of the Xbox/PS2 era games, I stopped doing that because they seemed more like actual people going about their lives and shit lol. So I get that.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess I mean more realistic stuff too - over the top doesn’t bother me, but for example in AC Valhalla when the Boneless knobhead tortures a prisoner to death in an horrific fashion (after killing an innocent who’d trusted them and was close to the main character) I really didn’t like that the developer did it and stopped me interfering.

On the plus side I got to kill the sod and not let him go to Valhalla - when I talk about justified violence in games I would have appreciated killing him the same way he did the prisoner, but that’s probably why realistic violence is bad as it increases the sadism in the player too, saying that it was pretty cathartic!

1 Like

https://www.thegamer.com/fallout-5-sequel-xbox-planning-sooner-rather-than-later/

Another Fallout game could be coming “sooner rather than later”, following the success of the TV adaptation.

This is according to Jez Corden from Windows Central, who says that Xbox is “currently formulating plans” on how to ship a new Fallout game sooner than expected. It’s unclear if this would take the form of Fallout 5 or a spin-off developed by another studio entirely, especially as Bethesda has both Starfield and The Elder Scrolls 6 to work on first.

So let’s say this happens, it’s Jez, who knows, what studio though?

1 Like

I tried Eiyuden Chronicle Rising yesterday. I spent a few hours with it. I liked it but it was kind of a chore to play so I stopped.

Then I switched to Hundred Heroes and wow, it’s really great. It starts really fast. Idk why, but the starting characters felt immediately memorable and I like the mystery and the war looming. And it looks really good. I’m digging it. Thanks Xbox Era reviewer and GP.

7 Likes

Grubb said the same 2 years ago.

But yeah, no idea how it gets done. You could probably have Avowed team roll into it. Or InXile post Clockwork Revolution. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’d rather work Wasteland though lol.

That Grounded team is finally moving on…

3 Likes

Pentiment, Grounded, and Avowed teams to combine.

5 Likes

Actually, couldn’t it be a multi studio production? Like let’s say Obsidian and InXile working on it together to get it out the door faster? That plus external studios. Pretty sure with the right people they could get it done in 3-4 years.

1 Like