XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1783851298170802684?t=wwe6Q4MWEhs9oRV_pliUMA&s=19

4 Likes

Not giving them a click.

7 Likes

For once nothing anti-Xbox, more that he founded it to give young developers a chance with smaller projects, and after only 7 months he became an employee as it was bought by Bethesda.

He actually wanted to leave a few years later as he wanted to move away from horror etc., but stayed around to finish up projects as he felt responsibility for them

8 Likes

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1783906470662443107?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

You had me, Sony. You had meā€¦

1 Like

Money is literally lying on the table and neither Sony nor MS is willing to pick it up.

Not loading again.

Edit: always loads after I reply. Also meh.

Apparently gore has been toned down too.

I was surprised at first when it was said Sony wouldnā€™t censor anything because I recall some games in the past either not even being allowed by them or heavily censored.

oh wellā€¦

she has slightly less blood on her body after cutting through a monster, it really isnā€™t anything and the furor over it is kinda sad to see.

It is mainly being pushed by grifters who thrive on the rage bait

4 Likes

Ah, ok. Very blown out of proportion then.

I guess they want to prove Dead Space is too violence for Japan.

1 Like

How long do you think it wil take steller blade to come to PC? The modding would beā€¦asstoundingā€¦

1 Like

People complained about this on Ninja Gaiden II when the ps3 sigma version had way less blood and Ryu barely had anything on him.

All the stuff surrounding Stellar Blade has been massively overblown. The blood and gore has been toned down on Eveā€™s body but she still has blood on her after you kill bosses and whatnot. Itā€™s just not as much. Even worse are the people going nuts about bathing suits showing less skin than they did yesterday even though some of the outfits (like the bunny one for example) are very revealing. Even worse somehow are those who went nuts with the sexual stuff with Eve despite the fact that thereā€™s literally no nudity or sex in the game and these same people somehow praised The Witcher 3 which has nudity and sex scenes, Cyberpunk 2077 in which you can see the entire female (and male) body when creating your character or more recently, the nudity and sex and praising the ability to have sex with a bear in Baldurā€™s Gate 3.

But yep, Stellar Blade has gone just too damn far!!! lmfao

People obviously have nothing else better to do.

2 Likes

Iā€™d understand if it was extreme, but itā€™s so minor I think this is just riling up the people that are upset about the concept of censorship. Probably a reasonable overlap with some other folks that Iā€™m not going to mention lol

2 Likes

The main issue as to why people are complaining is because a few days ago, Shift Up said that nothing in the game would be censored regardless of the region yet go about censoring stuff with the day one patch. It wouldnā€™t be an issue at all if they just never said anything to begin with or never censored anything after saying that the game would be uncensored.

Either way, im enjoying the game and while itā€™s unlikely, im hoping Shift Up does an expansion later this year or next year.

If a game is the same in every region and on every platform is it really censored?

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe gamergate got a second life this year.

I shouldnā€™t be surprised but I am, guess all of them were just hiding under the lights until they felt brave enough to take off the mask. Have people like Timdog saying DEIā€™s are the reason why Xbox is ā€œlosingā€. Or all this nonsense with FMCā€™s.

Itā€™s all just rather pathetic but Iā€™m glad theyā€™re taking the mask off, makes it easier to cleanse my timeline.

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a big difference between having sex scenes or some nudity as part of the story (see Witcher 3) and a woman with big boobs in a skimpy suit battling monsters, basically pushing for sexualization for no other reason than to excite horny teenage boys as it is quite juvenile in nature and not something remotely interesting to a grown man.

3 Likes

Look, I play Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball for the volleyballā€¦

5 Likes