XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Who came up with them…

2 Likes

https://x.com/idlesloth84_/status/1782373554920558907?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Weird to see a Japanese PS exclusion game with Xbox included.

1 Like

I mean I don’t think I see that for any game let alone a Japanese game

So many Saturn games I hope eventually get the same treatment. (looking at you Princess Crown) So many old gems from that era should be able to be played on today’s hardware “legally”.

3 Likes

I’m used to indies skipping PS, at least for a while. I mean Vampire Survivor is finally coming to PS, which is crazy since that game is critically acclaimed.

1 Like

https://x.com/wario64/status/1782394769798533529?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

GPU, rise up!

2 Likes

Sweet! Hopefully GPU gets it too then yeah, unkess Sony has a deal. Have they done that before for EA titles?

Game came out 4/28/2023, so it hitting EA Play soon makes sense.

4 Likes

Of course it will come to GPU. People should check this out too because it’s an amazing game.

This is not PS+, just EA Play on PS.

1 Like
  • What you need to know Fallout mania continues into a new week, with Fallout 4 continuing to rise in concurrent player count on Steam.

• Over the weekend, Fallout 76 hit a new all-time high concurrent player count, over five years after it first launched.

• The trouble is that there’s nothing new on the horizon for a long time, so could Xbox have been a little more forward-thinking and got Bethesda (or maybe Obsidian?) working on something?

I get the need for a brand new Fallout game and yes the wait is going to suck, but come on Jez. Obsidian? They have been busy on Avowed for several years now, and ToW2. BGS has their hands full as well. It’s not like these studios can do magic.

1 Like

Yeah I’m getting a little tired of the complaints from people who should be/are well informed. It’s like people expect stuff to just happen.

4 Likes

Yep. And i wonder, could they out the 76 team on a spin off? It probably wouldn’t be enough people, right? I assume majority of BGS will be on TES VI and Starfield updated and expansions.

It’s a show that will have multiple seasons and they’re making tons of money with the titles currently available. Having a “new” game to time with a show NEVER happens. Game and TV show making is too unpredictable, but it’s a typical talking point that people who know better throw around anyway.

8 Likes

Someone writing on gaming publication should know better. I think they know better, but narratives sell and get engagement.

1 Like

Metaphor: ReFantazio has a showcase in about 8hrs on YouTube, haven’t seen anyone talking about it. Is anyone interested in it or will be watching it? I definitely will, looking forward to seeing a bit more about it and potentially a release date hopefully.

8 Likes

Just make game bro, how hard is it. Get dev, give dev money, tell dev to make it good and release in exact time with the TV show, make money. Boom.

2 Likes

Yeah it does feel like something he’s put out for clicks given the hype around Fallout at the moment.

I do wonder why Bethesda kept single player Elder Scrolls and Fallout games for just the main BGS team though (beyond the New Vegas stint for Obsidian).

Given the huge numbers both IPs sell, how long making games takes now and how bad a financial position Zenimax were in, it seems surprising that they didn’t try other teams making some games (even just spin off ones) for either series beyond NV - and that they let BGS take the risk making Starfield rather than ES6 which would have been a guaranteed hit (not saying Starfield wasn’t, just that a new IP was risky).

I guess the live service games (Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76) were the chance to make continuous money from the IPs, and otherwise they just trusted in Todd - I do wonder though when he finally retires if we’ll finally see Fallout and Elder Scrolls games made at the same time by different teams so we’re not forced to wait over a decade between entries…

lol slow news period engagement articles despite tons of big games releasing just shows how gaming journalism is in such a sorry state for the most part.

5 Likes

Going live

5 Likes