XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

honestly i wonder if just numbering it would be better the xbox 5

Xbox 7.

Just to annoy PS.

4 Likes

Xbox Series X2 lol

2 Likes

That makes too much sense,

It’ll be something like Xbox Circle Z.

Maybe they will be inspired by @Doncabesa and ‘Name the Game’

1 Like

Xbox Series XR

Xbox 720. It’s a bigger number than 6 and is the follow up to the 360.

Plus when you see it, you can still do a 720 and walk away!

3 Likes

Current name: Xbox Current model: Series X/S

Future name: Xbox Future model: Series X/S 2

Where am I getting this from? Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 and Series 2.

1 Like

Only way I see them changing is if they want a clean start that disassociates them from Xbox Series lack of success.

1 Like

Where did this discussion come from? Lol.

Unless a miracle happens this gen, they need to change the “series’ name”, and I’ll also drop “X and S” . It’s best for Microsoft to start fresh with their name

Personally, I hope they call it XBOX 6. And that’s it. I get that they would be skipping numbers and whatnot but Microsoft has done the same thing with Windows and no one cared so why not do the same with the next Xbox?

Me too!!

1 Like

Nah, they wouldn’t be skipping numbers. If anything, they’d be going backwards.

• Xbox (1)
  • Xbox 360 (2)
  • Xbox 360 S (3)
  • Xbox 360 E (4)
  • Xbox One (5)
  • Xbox One S (6)
  • Xbox One X (7)
  • Xbox Series S (8)
  • Xbox Series X (9)

So… The next Xbox is the 10th Xbox, or using Roman numerals, the Xbox X.

2 Likes

Yeah but 360/360 S/360 E is the same generation, One/One S/One X is the same generation and Series X/S is the same generation. That’s three generations plus the original makes 4. So it should be 5 but I would skip 5 and go straight to 6 because PlayStation 6 would be there and the reason why Microsoft usually does the weird names is because if they went with numbers, they would be behind by 1 and if you look at something like 6 to 5, most people will see 5 as inferior because 6 would be the higher number. Weird but that’s how most people will see it which is why I say just go straight to XBOX 6 and call it a day. :slight_smile:

just bored and it’s fun to see the names we can come up and see which one xbox would realistically uses

2 Likes

I don’t mind the series name, you get used to it pretty quickly, same with Xbox One, as long as it isn’t as horrible as Wii or Wii U, names don’t bother me

I feel the name was used because they planned on keeping it as the main name going forward but I could also see them dropping it in the next one if like you said they want a clean break

What I’m wondering more than anything is if they go the 2 sku approach again

2 Likes

Well, yeah, I know. I was making a joke.

1 Like

I have a unique take on the name for the next Xbox…

Le Zboz

https://twitter.com/JJSNorris/status/1737666817856823762

got this for being one of the first to raise over $100 this year. Thanks again to everyone!

8 Likes