XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

Guess we know what MS will be buying next!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/JJSNorris/status/1737591802461356131

6 Likes

So I just bought Outlast 2, lmao.

Lately Iā€™ve been watching a lot of horror playthroughs, gotta love the (genuine) jump scare reactions and it has rubbed off on me. I had forgotten I actually spent 1.5 hours on that game a year (maybe two) ago when it was still on Game Pass.

If I survive through this I know I can easily buy Alan Wake 2 and play it, not just leave it sitting on the SSD. Really donā€™t want to miss out on that one.

1 Like

Something off my chest. I feel disgusting, I just started smoking again after around a year of abstinence. Iā€™ve been incredibly low and tired these days, and tonight in just a moment I passed by a neighbor who was lighting one and it just got to me so fast the smell and the tiredness, straight up went out and bought myself a pack and tried resisting it butā€¦ Goddamn it. The shame Iā€™m feeling right now. Goddamn it. Goddamn it.

1 Like

Put them in water, tear them up and chuck them away. Have a bar of chocolate.

2 Likes

Addiction sucks. Itā€™s not always a chemical need, but can sometimes be an emotional need and itā€™s so easy to fall victim to it especially when youā€™re going through a rough time. I hope you can find the will to throw that trash where it belongs and start anew.

2 Likes

Yet Game Pass is bad.

This shit cannot be real.

https://x.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1737595432602341390?s=20

2 Likes

Its like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Remember the days where Uncharted 2 cost $60 with free online multiplayer and a campaign?

Sony is not cut out for current gen. Xbox may win by simply having more money.

The thing isā€¦2028 still leaves no time for a new engine. Gonna be PS4 graphics still.

7 Likes

You make some good points here. But surely Sony wonā€™t be this foolish? I know they clearly believe in their hearts that the fanboys eat everything up no matter the cost, but surely even to that thereā€™s a limit youā€™d think.

Maybe now that they see the reactions to it theyā€™ll decide against it.

With ABK technically gone, Sony wants to take that mantle.

This is the company that charges $10 for a performance patch and lip synching.

2 Likes

Ah, you mean TLOU2? Yeah, thereā€™s barely a difference, if at all it seems.

Anyway, I saw this just now

https://x.com/PC_Focus_/status/1737390751179219253?s=20

But Xbox still has the rights to SO, donā€™t they? So how would that have worked anyway?

It was before Sony acquired Insomniac. I doubt it got past the planning stage.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. Unfortunately it was never made. Love that game. A good example of how seeing gameplay footage of a game isnā€™t always all you need to look forward to it or write it off. The footage did nothing for me, but playing it for less than an hour and I was hooked. So good.

Funny, fun as hell to play and those respawn animations were superb.

lets play a game come up with the new name for the next xbox because you know itā€™s going to be weird or dumb and get confusing like with the xbox one x to series X

Nah that one was Ghost of Tsushima, in the original version all the cutscenes were prerendered and so they were lipsynced for English (I think?). If you were playing with Japanese audio (which you would reasonably want to do) the lip syncing wasnā€™t great during cutscenes. When they made the PS5 version they switched the cutscenes over to be in engine and properly lipsynced more languages. The ten dollar upgrade didnā€™t exactly add much so it kinda sucked that ā€œfixed lip syncingā€ ended up one of the major features. It didnā€™t get a lot of attention at the time cause it shipped with the DLC expansion which was at least pretty good but bundled with the 10 dollar upgrade to make it less obvious.

I donā€™t know how much of an upgrade TLOU2 will get visually considering it was already pretty graphically stunning, but at LEAST the upgraded version comes with new gameplay content.

The E Series, as the evolution of Xbox, and have a X and an S version again. We can call them the Xbox Series E X and Xbox Series E S.

I hope they ditch series , x, and s name

2 Likes

My submission: Theyā€™ll just call it Xbox.

Basically taking a page from Hollywood, with sequels using the name of the original. Halloween, Scream, Shaft, Ramboā€¦

I didnā€™t really like it at first, but after a few years have past, find myself pretty ambivalent about the name.

1 Like