XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

Ronin is akin to how Microsoft game studios publishing works. It’s a first party title developed by a third party gave studio. It will never come to Xbox unless Sony has a say in it.

1 Like

Didn’t know Ronin is a Sony IP.

1 Like

RISE OF THE RONIN Trademark Application of KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. - Serial Number 79358822 :: Justia Trademarks

it’s not

7 Likes

It’s a situation like Rise of the Tomb Raider or Nioh, bought exclusive and publishing rights, but the IP stays with the contractor.

I guess it will be like Nioh where it’s not a Sony IP, but still won’t come to xbox.

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1746885239115252080?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

And here I thought it would be like Suicide Squad HUD. I kid…

5 Likes

So it is a timed exclusive

Timed like Nioh, forever. I doubt they would take the burden to publish the console version if not.

Forever is a strong word.

I doubt Nioh or Ronin would ever be on Xbox and it’s ok, at least this is not a moneyhat, the worst kind of exclusive, they took the burden of publishing, which is not free.

To be fair with how long some of their exclusivity arrangements are it gets to a point where it’s not worth porting it to other platforms as it’s old, superseded, has no hype or has been played by 90% of people who are going to play it anyway.

1 Like

Even FF7R is close to that threshold, if it gets an Xbox port, it’s only because of the name and/or MS willing to pay for it.

1 Like

Yep I think it’s nearly 3 years right? Normally when I see a game with 2 years exclusivity I pretty much consider that permanent.

It launched in april 2020 for PS4, it’s almost 4 years.

1 Like

I see thanks

1 Like

Very unlikely it will release in Q1 if we don’t know a date soon. Soon being within january.

3 Likes

Those shots look amazing and a far cry from what we saw in the GC footage last year. If this is all legit they have made huge improvements.

Then again, before GC we had similar shots, guess we’ll see.

1 Like

solid discussion

2 Likes

I don’t know, but I feel like we’re going to have the release date pretty soon. Everything is getting updated with the newer assets.

Honestly, that’s the measured take that makes the most sense. Also, Alex says “put killer instinct on PlayStation and he’s right”…