XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

I’m curious despite owning PS5 and having a mainline FF back on platform will worry those who are hellbent on exclusivity. Lastly, FF7R will definitely not be safe if that’s true. So yeah, still a deal.

Imo FF16 is by far the best guess in this thread. Although, I agree with @KakkaKarrotKake that this isn’t really such a big deal that it would set the internet on fire.

1 Like

https://x.com/shpeshal_nick/status/1746676722672750778?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Not sure why it won’t work, but he clarified that he never said “internet on fire” or anything wild like that.

I can’t read the tweet you linked, but the podcast indicated that the rumor would produce a lot of drama.

But not internet on fire. Drama could work with FF. Exclusivity being gone. Internet on fire is acquisition of beloved franchise level. At least in my book. We’ll see.

1 Like

I feel like if it were FF16 he would have just said it as it’s really not a big deal in any way.

2 Likes

It’s fine if you disagree on the phrase, but personally imo “internet on fire” just means “a lot of nonsense drama on twitter”. But hey, I never used Twitter or any other social media besides XboxEra and a little bit of Reddit, so I can see you having a different perspective.

We’ll see if the time comes. I would like if the reveal happens, one of you guys would tell us this was it.

I think FF7 Rebirth would be a big deal considering it only had 3 months if a exclusivity window. If both that and renake came that would be major for Xbox, probably the biggest third party thing they could happen.

1 Like

Maybe FF7R would cause more since the sequel is coming very soon and releasing it on Xbox would be “you could wait.” Though you could also argue if it’s encouraging. I don’t know.

1 Like

I could definitely see that causing a stir of some kind.

I love chaos😂

https://twitter.com/Shpeshal_Nick/status/1746731562350363043?t=Wp1kkRGvtkbk5BFxLtaFdA&s=19

Xenoblade should come to other platforms. They look like dog crap on switch. Amazing games though.

As for rumours…Nick and john dont care about FF enough to have that reaction plus SE already said they want to bring more games to xbox so it woulfnt be a huge shock

What would be a huge shock is if FF9 remake got announced at an xbox event coming day 1 to xbox

Or…starfield gets ps5 port for the reverse trollling

2 Likes

It is the biggest 3rd party deal out there, because Silent Hill 2 from Bloober and Ronin from Team Ninja are “medium sized” AAA at best, STALKER 2 for Xbox is already confirmed to be temporal (and MS doesn’t change the cards after the initial deal like Sony), Ark 2 is the same and Kotor remake is dead (the korean game PS bought is like a ID@Xbox game, nobody cares).

FF7R is out there since almost 4 year, I’d say any possible exclusivity window is gone and the ceo changed, now it’s time. It’s no MMORPG, so the port is an easy task, they only have to choose the right moment to announce it. FF16 still has one DLC to release and I suspect Sony timed its exclusive until everything about the game is done.

Outside left field theories, FF is the biggest controversy you can find about games realistically coming to Xbox, even if you don’t like the genre. Some “fans” of the franchise are going to cry about an Xbox port for sure, yes, they are.

You realise it’s not exactly my fault that a Redditor decided to take something Jon said and pin it on me yeah?

The game I was told about won’t set the internet on fire or cause drama, or cause tears or any of the other shit I’ve been misquoted as saying.

But I think it’s a big enough deal where I would cop enough shit about it that I wasn’t in the mood to deal with.

Now I’m copping it arguably worse than I would have all because a dude on Reddit decided to misquote and rather than watch the actual clip/podcast, people are running with it.

21 Likes

For the record I don’t blame you or Sik for anything, you’re fully entitled to reveal or not reveal whatever you want and how the internet interprets what you say is often far more on them than it is you guys

I don’t blame you or anyone not wanting to deal with nonsense from warriors or whoever else, I’m more just surprised that this is one that felt like it needed restraint as it doesn’t really seem like a big deal anymore as you’ve talked about bigger stuff in the past but like I said, what you decide to talk about is entirely your choice and I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to deal with BS

It’s all good :+1:

2 Likes

Ronin is akin to how Microsoft game studios publishing works. It’s a first party title developed by a third party gave studio. It will never come to Xbox unless Sony has a say in it.

1 Like

Didn’t know Ronin is a Sony IP.

1 Like

RISE OF THE RONIN Trademark Application of KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. - Serial Number 79358822 :: Justia Trademarks

it’s not

7 Likes

It’s a situation like Rise of the Tomb Raider or Nioh, bought exclusive and publishing rights, but the IP stays with the contractor.