XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

streaming more TotK

4 Likes

I hope I’m wrong, but honestly base PS4 would be great all things considered. Future Zelda games would actually be able to have proper textures. :smile:

3 Likes

Never came to Xbox and never will. Well, another game bite the dust. No pun intended.

2 Likes

It’s official. We’re entering war against CMA with EU as ally.

WARGAMES!!!

6 Likes

4 Likes

It’s starting to become pretty clear that it’s far from over.

This is a huge ammunition needed for tomorrow since CMA have to testify on the competition and markets with UK lawmakers asking questions. It’s going to get heated up from this point on.

2 Likes

Nintendo has a trend the last few generations…

Wii was basically an upgraded GameCube.

Switch was basically an upgraded Wii U.

Nintendo will make a jump with their next console (but the “switch 3” will just be an upgraded “Switch 2”)

no, these two have nothing in common hardware design wise

1 Like

Can’t tell if joking or serious :face_with_monocle:

I’m serious. What hardware design decision do these two machines share?

Half the first party Switch library is just ported Wii U games. They aren’t “upgraded” either because the power is so similar that improvements are barely nothing. Also the Wii U controller is basically larger more awkward, less portable Switch… lol that’s why I thought you were joking.

The entire architecture of the systems are different. Wii U ran on a Power PC chip - like the GameCube, Wii, and even Xbox 360 (I think).

The Switch runs on an Nvidia Tegra chip, which is an ARM mobile chip.

2 Likes

Sure thats the software library. Nintendo did this because nobody owned a WiiU and a lot of people bought a Switch. So they realized sale potential for these titles.

But we were talking about hardware. And the WiiU controller doesnt work withou the base station in earshot (in my experience the limit was like 10 meters). The Switch works without the docking station perfectly well. The touchscreen is also fundamentally different with resistive vs. capacitive. And the hardware is a modern system on a chip from NVidia vs. some frankenstein mix of AMD and super old IBM tech.

1 Like

Yeah By the time the DC came out I had my own job. I was working the “graveyard shift” and the second I got off work that morning I made a B line to “Electronics Boutique” at the mall on 9/09/99 to pick up my console! I had nearly all the 2D fighters for it. Last Blade 2 , Garou MOTW ( Fatal Fury : MOTW in the US) , Marvel vs Capcom 2 , all of the versions of SF3.

Also had games like Cannon Spike and Project Justice which go for hundreds of bucks today and I kick myself to this day for trading them into that damned Funcoland. I might start collecting for the Dreamcast again soon.

4 Likes

Aww you should’ve went to Toy R Us on 9/9/99 I scored a black Dreamcast t shirt that was free with purchase.

2 Likes

I still remember getting my Dreamcast on launch day and being blown away by Sonic Adventure. I had friends treating me like an idiot for wanting to get one when THE MIGHTY PS2 was on the horizon. They simply couldn’t accept that I wanted to play some great games and I always planned to get both systems anyway.

6 Likes

Sonic Adventure was a great kiosk game for retail stores. How could you not immediately buy a Dreamcast after playing that?! I mean Sonic left his footprints on the beach :desert_island: the colors too just popped off the screen.

4 Likes

I think of this when you guys bring up the Power PC :laughing:

4 Likes