XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

I dont think its THAT difficult(especially for an experienced team), but it needs to be based on someone that has a great idea and a team thats passionate about it. It cant just be, “Go make a GAAS, give us 10 ideas and we’ll pick one for you to go do” or “go make a game thats like X game”. Those two things are what I think happens all too often.

It’s pretty damn difficult if you want one to be one of the most played ones.

If you’re aiming for a smaller scale GAAS, then yeah. but I don’t think Playstation was aiming for a smaller scale one like a Grounded or something along those lines. They want the motherload and that’s where you go wrong when you attempt to get one of those.

Creating a hit GAAS on the scale of the big boys is essentially impossible and any company chasing them is doomed to fail

3 Likes

How to create a sustainable GaaS the billion dollar question every publisher are asking themselves. There’s no proven recipe in creating one except that you need to keep consumers fed.

Also the most difficult part about GaaS is how to take consumers from an established GaaS. Even if you create a quality game it’s a tough task to take away players from Apex, COD, Fortnite, etc.

Surprise late night stream

1 Like

I remember when final fantasy orgins was runofed to be ps exclusive and the sony fanboys and media were all over that then when it was annohnced as a multiplat everyone just went quiet, i think its gonna be the same with metal gear

4 Likes
10 Likes

I think MG comes to xbox either after 12 months or day 1 but i think timed. Konami arent going to ignore xbox like that.

Dmc5 was rumoured to be exclusive? Lmao. Desperation from sony shills.

5 Likes

Just cancel it. Dont know why publishers do this to themselves. Theyd be better off delaying it until next year when switch 2 comes out.

This is excellent!

I remember that. It was this thread [LEAK] Massive Devil May Cry 5 Info (Potential heavy spoilers inside!) | ResetEra the guy that made it up never took the perma ban that was promised if this was fake. When he got called out after it was officially announced he got super defensive saying it was only the console bit that was wrong. Even though he says it was being made in UE4.

There were also rumors of Soul Calibur 6 being on PS4 PC and Switch not long before it was announced as well :rofl:

5 Likes

The Post got me wild man exclusivity f*** out of here

Heavily rumored exclusive, even I thought I wasn’t going to get to play it on Xbox especially after SFV. Only for it to show up at Xbox E3 2018. It was glorious!

Been seeing critique about Zelda TotK on Twitter especially, and in some ways I don’t think they are wrong. They are talking about double standards. Zelda basically having the exact same land mass as Breath, albeit with tons of new islands added.

I remember one of the AC games receiving flack for reusing the map too, but everything in that map was new. My question to those playing Tears is, while the map is the same, would you indeed say that there’s tons of brand new content, new islands? I saw a bit of the game yesterday, namely Zora’s Domain and I was like, yeah, this is super familiar. How familiar does it feel for you, or does it truly feel like a new world to you?

Another critique is how the game scores 10s left and right, but the performance at times is nothing to write home about and other games would’ve received shit for it and probably not a 10. I haven’t played it myself yet, so I don’t know if it warrants to score a point less for it or not.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/adamconover/status/1656145744343207936?t=N9QiWe9BCToAnLovut0qDA&s=19

I genuinely believe this is how most critics think (this same guy is a massive MS/ABK acquisition opposer fwiw).

Nintendo provides nostalgia to a group that is mostly mid to late 30s people who grew up during the early days of the company and are now completely influenced by those memories. I have seen takes that the games framerate issues are fine because its reminscent of early Nintendo games. Its not difficult to see how this level of nostalgia gets in the way of objective criticism.

11 Likes

Yeah, I see what you mean. I see it with my friends too, but I guess I can’t even fault them for it. If I boot up a Switch game like Breath and I see the absolutely nasty aliasing I’m gonna be annoyed. Then when the framerate tanks into the 20s it only adds to the annoyance. I’m more sensitive to it then them, so it’s less of a bother for them.

I used to love Nintendo games too when I was young, and I still do. Mario will always be timeless, Zelda games are still quality but it just sucks so much that Nintendo stays in the past with their hardware. But my friends would still at least be honest and say the performance isn’t super great, but those actually making up an excuse because it’s reminiscent of early Nintendo, lmao. That’s where you cross a line into bullshit territory.

I expect to love Starfield but if it were to have some really bad framerate issues I’m not gonna say…actually, I like this. Brings me back to the good old 360 days with Oblivion. :joy:

That’s truly clown talk.

1 Like

All I see is people admitting they are dumb.

15 Likes

Lol absolutely!

I can’t take Nintendo fans or reviewers of Nintendo games seriously. Nintendo gets free passes for all sorts of shit that even Sony would probably get flack for. I truly believe that if Minecraft Legends had been “Mario Legends”, same exact game but with Mario stuff, it would have received 9’s and 10’s.

Basically, these people considered BotW to be a masterpiece and one of the greatest games ever made, so there was no way they weren’t going to give this game the same scores/treatment regardless of what it was.

1 Like