XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

2 Likes

200,000 downloads already. And people wonder why CC2 is a big fan of Xbox.

8 Likes

Can’t do no wrong huh.

15 Likes

Damn those live service games at that easy huh?!

90 members? How big of a studio was it??

2 Likes

Yes, they must be so happy with the Game Pass deal. Fuga 1 was initially a flop and did not make back it’s development funds (this was before it was on GP). To have a cushion for the sequel as well as a service that spreads the word about it must be great.

There are still 2 other games in the “self publishing trilogy” that CC2 initially announced. Hopefully the GP money is helping these projects happen too. Of these 2, Cecile sounds interesting to me, and I think it was described as a boss rush game.

1 Like

Damn another studio ruined by Sony.

Sony really is cursed I doubt they ever make a successful FPS/ multiplayer game

2 Likes

Deviation always seemed strange on the outside, their studio was decorated with Dualsense pattern wall art but were “independent”. But I guess this is probably pretty common especially with the market leader where you can basically secure a project really early then if you don’t like it you can easily cut funding and leave with little consequence and people like Deviation are left holding the bag. That’s why we need a healthy competitive market so studios aren’t all trying to become the next PS Studio right out the gate, this is spec work with extra steps.

That reminds me did the studio who was doing Phantom Dust reboot have this happen to them basically?

1 Like
4 Likes

Something was going on in that studio.

https://gamerant.com/deviation-games-co-founder-jason-blundell-leaves-studio

Blundell was the reason why Playstation fans thought it was a COD like game. He left awhile ago and now mass layoffs. This game is cancelled forsure.

1 Like

Got to credit Phil. He knew Redfall was a gamble and yet didn’t close down or drop the hammer. I know people would say 343 but to me, felt like it was long time coming. With PS, as of late, it seems like they checked it, hated it, and let the hammer fall on them. First, KOTOR, now this.

3 Likes

Thing about 343i is they were restructuring and changes had to be made due to all that happened on Infinite’s way to launch.

My hope is when they do get ready to go into production for a new campaign, is they hire more instead of the contractor setup they have going.

1 Like

Hope people remember the human side of the industry. I know many were doing this when Microsoft layoffs happen, but hope gaming community doesn’t act toxic about this because at the end of the day it sucks to see layoffs.

12 Likes

Thats the risk involved, if your strategy is to launch 10+ GaaS games where everybody knows only a handful will make it at the best of times.

1 Like
6 Likes

Bout to see several more tweets like this in the next 2-3 years.

Sony is treating GAAS like mobile titles, just treating it like the lottery until one hits.

1 Like

Don’t forget that DMC5, Street Fighter VI, and FF Origin were all stated to be PS exclusives from insiders.

Nonetheless I remain skeptical on these outsourced projects.

11 Likes

Thats what Ubisoft did too, it hasnt worked out for them.

That would be nice. But then we’ll still probably be waiting a year or more, if it’s a timed deal. Or well, wouldn’t shock me.

They’re better off just doing what they did with Destiny and just buy them. It’s like one in a million to hit the jackpot with GAAS’s, atleast ones that are competiting with Fortnite/Roblox/Minecraft etc of the worlds.

Everyone wants to have the Apex Legends success story but it’s easier said then done.

2 Likes