XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

Also, another thing with reviews is that all these publications give the game to be reviewed to the person who loves that series, Zelda in this instance, the game will never be reviewed by someone who hasn’t played the game or kind of iffy on the series. The result is the fans always rating the games highly, a huge flaw in the review process imo.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s kinda crazy. Although there are some cases, even for Nintendo games where folks say enough is enough. That one Pokemon game? But really, it was impossible to defend that. I mean Zelda games clearly squeeze everything out of the hardware, so it’s not on the dev team at all, but that Pokemon game was…not good, in many ways.

Might sound weird, but I genuinely wish Switch had not become this insane succes. It just shows Nintendo they really do not have to bother to get much more powerful hardware. We went from WiiU to Switch and power wise it really isn’t that big of a leap at all. But the fans just don’t care. I imagine what this dev team could do with hardware like Xbox One, or hell even PS4 Pro, One X, let alone the Series or PS5, oh man.

Once Nintendo reveals their Switch 2 or whatever they’ll call it, just watch it being on par with a One X at best. Would not surprise me if not even that, sigh.

1 Like

Just wasn’t sustainable for Nintendo to keep up with Xbox/PlayStation hardware.

They found their own lane and are now the market share leaders. I think that’s pretty admirable despite the drawbacks of going that route.

8 Likes

Literally what I was going on about yesterday and I think Phil knows this as well which could be a reason why he mentioned Starfield could be 11/10 it won’t matter because they don’t have the same sort of unconditional love.

It’s why Xbox should go for the younger generation to build that loyal fan base that the other two have.

For Microsoft to get a big hit that’s in the same league it has to hit so many things right and not do a single thing wrong in any shape way or form.

Main reason I enjoy the Switch is that it’s a great home to the niche JRPGs and stuff I enjoy and I like that Nintendo invests in them a lot and spotlights those titles well in Directs and whatnot. I don’t even own a good chunk of the first party games for it lol.

I do think the platform completely deserves it’s success. I do wish it’s successor would come sooner though.

4 Likes

Nintendo is our friend(Xbox friend) , stop criticizing them lol

People are just realising that review scores are dumb

Haha

Xbox realised it years ago. And don’t care about them much therefore

Scores are good for list Wars only

Opinion of bunch of people shouldn’t dictate what you play

Gamepass should be what dictates it

Get gamepass ultimate for $15 a month and play more then 100 highly curated games on xbox, pc and cloud*.

4 Likes

I’ll stop criticizing Nintendo when they stop suing their fans. :smile:

6 Likes

Speaking of Zelda takes :smirk:

12 Likes

Are you all ready?

7 Likes

Even some game reviewers ( Adam Sessler for example ) don’t really care for the concept of review scores. Just an arbitrary number that doesn’t tell the whole story.

1 Like

casually making one of the best open world games in BOTW and now one of the best immersive sim games in TOTK on their first attempts lol.

What a goated studio

I pray this rumour is true.

6 Likes

I mean there was always going to be a new campaign, right? I find it hard to believe that they just wouldn’t work on a new campaign for an extended period of time. Maybe pause it while restructuring some things at 343 but that’s like short term.

3 Likes

I don’t doubt it’s true to some degree. I do think signals probably crossed in all of this.

Could they be doing more Infinite Campaign stuff? Maybe

Could it be preplanning for the next Halo game? Maybe, and that could come out who the hell knows when.

So just hearing random Halo campaign rumors is like well I mean they are probably working on SOMETHING but it could be out in a a year or a decade. So the rumors don’t mean much.

1 Like

What are the rumors?

This exactly. It’s like saying Nintendo is working on the next Mario or after TOTK that Nintendo will start preplanning for the next Zelda game after a small break.

This guy is softer than icecream :rofl: Take a stand!

That’s the thing, hopefully we get more details, some kind of clarity exactly what it is. A campaign for Infinite would be a big surprise, a brand new standalone one is a whole different matter indeed.

2 Likes

I just want to continue MC’s story, I don’t care how.

3 Likes