XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Nothing at the moment. Been into fasting lately, lost about 10kg.

Totally haha.

Looking forward to the show.

1 Like

Going Healthy. Chomping on a Carrot then a Cucumber, then a banana :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Congrats! Yeah, hope the show is good fun. :slight_smile:

Is there a 4k stream somewhere?

1 Like

Thanks!

Game Awards are just gonna give a clean sweep for TLOU2 so the media can “stick it” to the Gamers about what quality is.

Baffling that TLOU2 won best narrative when people hated it and giving Laura Bailey (not her fault) an award on a character people loathe. Like I dont wanna make claims of stuff being rigged certain ways but eh.

2 Likes

Geoff just showed more enthusiasm for this artsy ps5 reveal than The Xbox big reveal.

But we are crazy when we call it out.

2 Likes

Congrats Flight sim!!

EA hates bioware so much that they are allowing them to fix Anthem, work on Star Wars, 2 Mass Effect games and Dragon Age.

But “ea bad”

2 Likes

I agree…

Outriders, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Gotham Knights, Halo Infinite, etc. Can’t wait!!!

People keep talking about Xbox having to answer Sony’s 2021 slate, Sony’s big studios ND, SSM, Guerrilla and Insomniac will have all released games between 2020-21, there will be a barren period from PS just like Xbox is having until Halo infinite, when it comes to big games. When the Xbox game train properly takes off, I wonder if there will be similar concern from fans about PS.

Also, very interesting that we got nothing from the Zenimax studios, I get the feeling that games like Wolfenstein, Starfield are being held until they can be directly showed off Xbox exclusives.

3 Likes

That’s you. As long as Marvel keeps their shit varied, like they have been, I’ll eat up every bit of it.

I’ll be fine no matter what the settings and story are for Mass Effect and Dragon Age because IMO there haven’t been any bad games in either series. I will be a little disappointed if they’ve let whiney gamers bully them into retconning Andromeda out of the continuity of the series though.

1 Like

I think they said that Mass Effect is a direct sequel to Mass Effect 3 and will take place after that game. I think Andromeda is done.

1 Like

I think we see GoW pushed to 2022. Remember though that Sony will have also unleashed Media Molecule, BluePoint, Sucker Punch and Housemarque. Insomniac might be able to get Spidey 2 out for 2022, but there may be a big drought.

Tinfoil hat time: Sony knows. They are getting games out, even with a bit less polish than normal standards (like Miles) but still quite polished in the hopes they can win over as many people as they can before Xbox goes aggressive, so they can maintain their cheap access to moneyhats.

The problem is Microsoft just bought Bethesda and even with a barren 2021 (and it isn’t. At a minimum in terms of commercial appeal, they have Halo), they can use E3 and the hype cycles and careful exclusives to win people over. They also have smaller moneyhats and possibly a big one in Ark 2 (not sure how I feel about that, but that may simply be due to Game Preview). Xbox also has the cheapest entry point, the easiest in streaming, the PC market and what will likely shape up to be most powerful system not only in paper specs but in execution come end of 2021. And if MS can get, say, Ark 2, Starfield, Wolfenstein 3 and Forza out alongside Halo, MSFS and Psychonauts, all day 1 into Game Pass, that goes a long way with consumers.

Now, do I think MS is going to “slaughter Sony”? Fuck no, but I think Sony needs to prep for an upcoming drought. They can try and lock in moneyhats, or they can look to acquisitions, especially when it benefits more than just PlayStation (i.e. Kadokawa or Square Enix Japan which strengthen their foothold on anime/manga and come with big studios).

1 Like

Bluepoint, Housemarque, Media molecule will have also released their games in 2020-21. Sony acquiring Bluepoint, Housemarque doesn’t change the bottom-line when it comes to games as their games are mostly exclusive to PS.

Sony will have a very strong 2021 but it remains to be seen how long they can ride that; after that I think they will resort to moneyhatting more games to stem the tides a bit. With the Crunchyroll acquisition they might still need to buy studios or give the IP to 3rd party studios to make those games.

E3 2021 might turn out to be showdown for the ages between the two, potentially gameplay for Fable, Starfield, God of War, Horizon FW, Hellblade 2, Halo infinite, Ratchet and Clank, Avowed, Everwild. I’m already drooling thinking about it and we just finished TGAs lol.

2 Likes

Is there a TGA round up available anywhere? I think I have most of the big stuff but not sure.

https://press-start.com.au/features/2020/12/11/everything-announced-the-game-awards-2020

4 Likes

Im done 4 hour sleep xD

1 Like