XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

no GIF by Harlem Globetrotters

1 Like

2 Likes

OBM wrote a great article and I made a video for it! My first non-review and not something I wrote video. I think it came out pretty well, I went nuts with the transitions.

12 Likes

I understand all that.

But PS+ and XLG are required services if you play MP games. One is shit value, one at least makes the cost seem ok.

Game Pass and PS Now are completely optional.

3 Likes

Well GPU includes gold and there is Gold conversion too…Gold is a legacy service basically, MP will become free in time but being the legacy service it won’t improve that’s for sure.

“Previously we hinted that our next triple-A would be a multiplayer Cyberpunk game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan,” Kiciński says in the video. “Given our new, more systematic and agile approach, instead of primarily focusing on one big online experience or game, we are focusing on bringing online into all of our franchises one day. We are building an online technology that can be seamlessly integrated into development of our future games.”

“CD Projekt Red makes singleplayer, story-driven, triple-A RPGs. That is not changing,” he said. “What is changing is our long-term approach to online. By this, we mean ensuring we are properly prepared to implement online elements in our games where they make sense. We don’t have to go overboard, or lose our singleplayer DNA. We want to take thoughtful steps to build robust online capabilities.”

Presumably as part of that process, CD Projekt also announced today that it has acquired Digital Scapes, a Canadian studio that specializes in multiplayer game development. Digital Scapes, which has been renamed to CD Projekt Red Vancouver, has been working on Cyberpunk 2077 since October 2018, and while there’s no information yet on how the studio’s role will change now that it’s officially part of the family, it would seem to be a natural fit for CD Projekt’s expanded multiplayer plans.

1 Like

Shameless self-promotion: I created a separate Twitter account in which I will focus on gaming content. If you like what you see from me in here, please feel free to drop a follow. If I like you I might follow back :sweat_smile:

https://twitter.com/brunocosta1_

11 Likes

Followed!

2 Likes

Same!!

2 Likes

wow look at dislikes

Xbox - April 2021 Games with Gold - YouTube

i mean the service was good why trash it to oblivion

get rid of gold or lower it price

6 Likes

Check your email guys you might have gotten 1 of these free gift cards.

7 Likes

I’ll cross post what I put in the other thread RE the new B&O headset:

Blimey, only 159 posts left until a new Community OT. Best start throwing some OT names!

7 Likes

OT What is dead may never die

2 Likes

Well the goal is to move people to gamepass. They even provided 1$ conversion loophole. There is no reason for Live holders to hold on gold anymore.

MP will be free sooner or later anyway.

OT Better then the other thread you shouldn’t post everything in

3 Likes

|OT-2| Live and safe space will not be discontinued

XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Designed for Xbox - Limited Series

“This if for Everything Else. This is not for First-Party Discussion” :wink:

(OT 2) “Where everybody knows your name”

2 Likes