XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Perfect form factor.

The games will all be ONLY first party games, though. No third party possible for xcloud on Switch.

1 Like

i wouldnā€™t mind, I have no trouble believing xCloud and Game Pass would explode there.

2 Likes

Donā€™t think it will happen, itā€™s Nintendo weā€™re talking about.

But, Iā€™m ok if it does happen.

1 Like

Why would Nintendo undercut their own store ā€¦

People buy Nintendo for the Nintendo games anyway. It will just be a collaboration to allow the form factor to be used for xCloud. Nintendo may even charge a small fee for it and microsoft will gladly pay them.

I donā€™t get why having a streaming service of rival is a threat at all. The option for revenue will still be there. The xCloud app will go through Nintendo store afterall.

I fully expect that. At that stage Switch is essentially is just another mobile device. In fact for Nintendo Game Pass is also beneficial because it has the threat of another possible portable devices and mobile devices too.

For MS is not the issue because it is no more threat than XCloud app on TV that they want to make. For Switch it is also a boon because they may attract people who want portability. Imagine playing XCloud on TV, then take Switch and continue playing - basically similar to what already Switch users do.

Personally I would like to see Nintendo + MS collaboration.

1 Like

Most likely if it goes to switch it will be cloud only with only first party games. Kinda like how we didnā€™t have ea play on pc games pass.

How many - I mean really - games Nintendo has from third party publishers? How many EA games for example does it have?

No idea how Drew Murray is able to retweet stuff like this haha.

But that aside, this tweet pretty much reestablishes that MS isnā€™t done, saying ā€œgrowing Xbox family of studiosā€.

8 Likes

Itā€™s a hearing device where they place electrodes into your brain to do an end run around your ear. Thereā€™s an external hearing aid that feeds the electrodes.

Xbox needs to fund a Horde mode (solo / co-op) with infinites waves for DOOM Eternal ASAP. I want it now.

Canā€™t believe itā€™s almost April. Soon itā€™s E3 season. Time fliesā€¦ :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Ikr

Thank God, Iā€™m excited.

I would have to charge the battery on mine and dust it off.

4 Likes

Iā€™m legit psyched for Friday. So many cool games coming, many to Game Pass. Really hoping we get some legit gameplay for The Gunk, 12 Minutes, Tunic, The Last Night and basically anything Annapurna has in the works.

Game Pass Xcloud for Switch would be odd, because seeing Gears, Halo on Switch is justā€¦itā€™s very, very unusual. But if between the two, Sony and Nintendo I can see Nintendo getting it. Sony? I canā€™t see them agreeing to it.

But, never say never I guess. But I genuinely hope it wonā€™t happen. Xbox needs to stay its own, but if it does happen, my enjoyment wonā€™t be any less.

I still canā€™t believe this is a thing:

3 Likes

I played a little bit of Octopath Traveler back on Switch and started with Primrose and story/theme was definitely more dark/mature than I was expecting. I wonder if they removed that blur effect thatā€™s on the corners of the screen for the Xbox version.