XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

ONE game out of a dozen :slight_smile:

Well I dont complain I love fps :slight_smile:

For me -

• Second Extinction
  • Bright Memory Infinite
  • Crossfire X (campaign)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Outriders
  • Halo Infinite
  • Far Cry 6
  • Dying Light 2

Second Extinction and Stalker 2 is 50/50 for me. Have to see what the long term roadmap is for Second Extinction and have to see what exactly Stalker 2 ends up being. The other six games are 100% guaranteed for me.

I really hope Battlefield next has a modern settingā€¦

Shadow Warriors 3 looks sleeek as f.

are you sure this is not on your list?

Anyways has this been announced for pc only until now?

The reply to that comment further down was pure poetry. Iā€™m going to guess that user is going to get mass reported and catch a ban of some sort but even a perm would be worth that.

Iā€™ve never understood why the same disingenuous posters are given so much leeway. It really is probably approximately a dozen posters who if they were heavily moderated would change the sites entire atmosphere.

1 Like

New podcast episode is up!

1 Like

Thus far, itā€™s only for PC but would probably get ported later on. I played the original Shadow Warrior years ago, dropped it quickly and sent it back to GameFly. Didnā€™t play Shadow Warrior 2 and have no interest in Shadow Warrior 3.

Also, to be perfectly honest, im actually trying to cut down on first person games as I played way too many in the last four years and im simply going to play what I see as the best of the best and those that im truly into. For example, COD/BF is simply done for me this generation. Theyā€™re all the same. Great action packed campaign for 6 or so hours but I always ask myself, ā€œdid I really need to play them?ā€ and my answer is no so im simply skipping them all.

Thus far, I have the following 12 first person games on my list -

• Avowed
  • Bright Memory Infinite (including the Bright Memory demo)
  • Crossfire X campaign from Remedy (this basically replaces the COD/BF games)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (next gen upgrade, expecting it to be my 2021 goty and gotg contender)
  • Dying Light 2
  • Far Cry 6
  • Halo Infinite
  • Perfect Dark
  • Resident Evil VIII: Village
  • Stalker 2
  • Witchfire (currently scheduled for PC only via the Epic Game Store)
  • Wolfenstein III (not officially announced but pretty much a guarantee)

Thatā€™s 12 games. Jeez. Of course, if I donā€™t like Avowed after playing it for a few hours, I will quit it, delete the game save and uninstall it. This also applies to Stalker 2. If Witchfire doesnā€™t get ported to consoles, then that gets eliminated as well. Also, when you look at my list above, except for Crossfire X and perhaps Wolfenstein III, all the games are not like COD/BF which is what im trying to avoid for the most part as im just sick and tired of them. All the other games have either RPG elements, wall running, melee combat, stealth, gadgets, parkour, etc. which separates them from the COD/BF games.

I obviously play first person games, they just arenā€™t what I prefer and outside of Far Cry 3/4/Primal, no first person game has ever been a 9/10 or better for me. Those three Far Cry games are simply the exception because I normally love Far Cry.

Hahaha I get you thought this gen was rather weak on the first person shooter siteā€¦

Well Titanfall 2 was freaking AMAZING and Halo 5 took 500 hours of my life :smiley: I cant get enough Cod like games :smiley: They been rare this gen. I mean those big blockbuster fps games are kinda on the back burnerā€¦

This gen: Cod (decent, bad and awesome)

Battlefield (all weak campaigns)

Halo 5 decent campaingn)

Titanfall 2 ABSOULUTLY AMAZING

Otherwiseā€¦ yeah not so much :smiley:

@Opatschi

Titanfall 2 was great. Really enjoyed it and hoping for Titanfall 3. Also, donā€™t forget that for me, I donā€™t play online co-op/multi-player so I really need to be into the story campagn and excited to play it. If not, then itā€™s off the list. lol.

Yep but they all jerk off to sony

Well itā€™s perfectly in line with what the people running the site wants soā€¦ There canā€™t be any other explanation, if they wanted it to change it would have by now. Toxic shithole of a place.

1 Like

6 Likes

I just saw one in person today for the first time at a store display. It is absolutely hideous, looks cheap, and I am still not at all impressed by it from a technical perspective. Even less so with Sonys insistence on such a gimmicky, non-ergonomical controller. Add in the numerous reasons to look askance at itā€™s longevity potential and the PS5 is a hard pass for me.

I may reconsider once they come with a slim, black version and their OC compensation has been vettedā€¦and if I ever get more time to game. The time I do have to game is buried by backlog and Game Pass Ultimate.

1 Like

@javycane

That Stadia controller box seems so oddly out of place in that picture. lmao.

Gotta push the Stadia agenda. Tech is really good.

Yeah, their tech is good but thatā€™s all they have. At least as of now anyway.

Anyone here play The Division 2? If so, do you need Xbox Live Gold to play the game solo? Thanks.

I know its not Xbox but man these things bring back memories

7 Likes

I donā€™t think so, although I haveā€™t tried it.

Finished Half-Life 2 and Episodes 1 & 2 for the first time. THATā€™S where theyā€™ve left off Half-Life for all these years? No wonder the fans have all been so mad :joy:

1 Like