XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Cyberpunk 2077 is really good!

1 Like

Thats perfectly fine my dude but I think playstation exclusives just donā€™t interest me that much the heavy hitters all seem the same 3rd person action adventure I like the Xbox route of having a vast variety of genres only exclusive I would want is spiderman but that isnā€™t enough and just like bethseda that was a multiplatform franchise that went exclusive but everyone has different tastes :+1:

2 Likes

Still think Coalition needs a second IP man and I dont think more Gears alternative projects is the answer unless they do a GaaS with raids into locust nests and stuff.

Raids to fight Brumaks, Reavers and stuff >

I agree. The first half of 2021 will be ā€œslowā€ in terms of major AAA exclusives which in a way is good because it will give the smaller AA/Indie games time and space to shine. The Medium, The Ascent, Crossfire X, Bright Memory Infinite, Stalker 2 and Warhammer Darktide could be the games that highlight the first half of 2021 with The Medium being confirmed and releasing in a few weeks.

Second half should be better in terms of AAA titles with Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite. 2022 will be the year where Xbox takes off in regards to their first party exclusives releasing and as long as the quality is there, they will have a lot of positive momentum on their side for the rest of the generation.

As im sure you know, I prefer third person over first person for various reasons but I do still play first person games. They just arenā€™t what I prefer. The variety of Xbox is excellent and I have 9 exclusives from Microsoft and 4 exclusives from Sony on my list. All I need from Microsoft besides a few more third person games is their quality level to increase for me. Thatā€™s all I need from them. Everything else is just a bonus.

I went with Xbox Series X once the specs were confirmed as my primary gaming console with the controller being the second reason and Game Pass being the third reason. Acquiring ZeniMax was an added bonus but hereā€™s the funny thing though, im not a fan of Bethesda Game Studios. I played Fallout 4 for a few hours and wasnā€™t impressed. Never played any of their other games. I will now try Starfield, TES 6 and eventually Fallout 5 but only because theyā€™ll be in Game Pass day one. In all honestly, I would never buy them.

I prefer the other studios. LOL. Love Tango Gameworks, Arkane and Machine Games. I like Id and while I completed Doom 2016, I wasnā€™t all that into it and dropped Eternal after 30 minutes as im just not into it but I loved Rage 2. Avalanche open world with the shooting mechanics of gunplay from Id. Oh man. Would love Rage 3 to be a collaboration again.

Back to the exclusives, I have Spider Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Horizon II: Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok for PlayStation 5.

For Xbox Series X, I have Gears Tactics, Avowed, Fable, Halo Infinite, Hellblade II: Senuaā€™s Saga, Perfect Dark, Starfield, State of Decay 3 and The Elder Scrolls VI.

None of the above includes AA/Indie exclusives (timed or full) or unannounced AAA titles like Wolfenstein III which is pretty much a guarantee.

We all have our own tastes and preferences which is why I will always own both consoles as there will always be exclusives that I want to play on both consoles. :handshake:

2 Likes

The Coalition is Gears. Just like 343i, the studio was even named after the franchise. People go to work on The Coalition knowing they will be stuck with Gears forever, just like people go to work on 343i knowing they will be stuck with Halo forever.

The studio still provide assistance to other studios working on other games, and developers who work there and want some fresh air can move to another XGS studio ā€“ something Phil has mentioned before. But Iā€™m afraid the studio itself is stuck with Gears.

I can see them developing a spin-off within the franchise universe, though.

I think The Coalition will wait for what sort of franchise growth Gears 6 will bring if any. If Gears 6 fails to grow the IP, or it actually decreases they will move onto something else. However, if it does grow the IP then The Coalition will carry on with Gears.

After Gears 6, im hoping The Coalition creates and develops a new IP. Give Gears a decade long break in my opinion.

Dont think it needs a decade long break just an alternative IP.

Yeah, they can alternate if they were to grow to two teams but one team, I just want to see them do something else after Gears 6.

You can do this on Xbox one also.

Dont know why people take such offense at suggesting to have them dual time with something else. Gears is a fun franchise for xbox fans but it has 0 mass appeal to casuals tbh.

3 Likes

Letā€™s be honest, even among the xbox fans itā€™s not THAT popular. It was very important back in 360 days but not anymore. Iā€™ve played all of them, currently Iā€™m playing tactics, but it is what it is.

3 Likes

I donā€™t mind if they create a new IP and then alternate between that and Gears. Have both be four years apart. Two teams. A game every two years. Gears 6 in 2023. New IP in 2025 and Gears 7 in 2027.

This game is on gamepass and online lobbies be running with bots or not at full capacity.

I think after Gears 6 they should consider a second IP or expand team to have a second studio to focus on a new IP. I like the gears franchise, but I think the studio is capable of so much more tbh

1 Like

Until they have a way to download your clips from the cloud to your phone or PC, then no, their sharing is still useless. I cannot believe they still donā€™t have this figured out.

1 Like

Luckily, Gears isnā€™t going anywhere. Thank God.

But anyway, if you like shooters, youā€™ll be eating good in 2021.

• Back 4 Blood
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Second Extinction
  • Overwatch 2
  • Shadow Warrior 3
  • Bright Memory Infinite
  • CrossfireX
  • ExoMecha
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Outriders
  • Halo Infinite
  • Untitled Battlefield
  • Untitled Call of Duty
  • Far Cry 6
  • Deathloop
  • Dying Light 2
  • Prodeus
  • Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
  • Metal: Hellslinger
  • Doom Eternal: the Ancient Gods part II
  • more content for Borderlands 3
1 Like

So I decide to make a quuuuuick break from Dragon Quest 11 (I shall continue after. I though the game lost it charme around the 40 hour mark, but luckly it gets much better after the 50 hour mark and stays good till now.

I remeber I bought Soma in a recent sale (the price was just tooo good) Honestly I cant put myself through horror gamesā€¦ buuut this game intrigued me because of its setting and story. Lucky me this game has a ā€œsafe modeā€ as such I will try itā€¦ wish me luck <.< The last horror game I completed was Dead Space 2 I never finished any first person horror game in my lifeā€¦ I looking at this like a test. Am I though enough for The Medium?

*first person shooter you mean :smiley:

Outriders is 3rd person :slight_smile: