XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

I am not really into Soulsborne type games but why not give it a try. Man I have been trying to buy the new 30 series but its so difficult to buy one at a reasonable price now. I am stuck at 970 which is actually running pretty good for 1080p at almost 80% ultra settings in games. I hope I can snag one soon

2 Likes

Arkane co-founderā€™s indiemersive sim is coming along nicely!

I 100% believe Microsoft would had released Infinite in the state it was if the backlash over ā€œlack of polishā€ wasnt so loud.

They took the goodwill the game generated in buildup to release and flipped it into a delay because in the end people were happy with it.

4 Likes

Woo brother another stinker month.

2 Likes

I have played only two, Sekiro and DS3 and have enjoyed both deeply, although theyā€™re not flawless. Bloodborne has been regarded Fromsoftā€™s best game yet by many and not having had access to it on Fromsoftā€™s best platform (PC) was definitely aching a bit, so Iā€™d be really glad for it to come to PC so it can reinvigorate it, the mods are gonna be craaaazy lol, itā€™s half the reason why it should come. Mods made Fromsoftā€™s least replayable game (Sekiro) to one of its best, so imagine what it can do to an actual RPG like Bloodborne.

You should check it out when you can Iā€™d recommend even though I havenā€™t played it myself yet lol, even if not for its gameplay, but from what Iā€™ve seen of it, its world and character design, theyā€™re impeccable, and possibly best rendition of Cosmic Horror in the entire medium.

And yeah, I ainā€™t buying any new card this year. Itā€™s just the new reality we gotta get used to lol. Itā€™s a world run by scalpers and bots and Iā€™m a patient being. :triumph:

1 Like

You ainā€™t wrong. They really, really need to just kill it.

1 Like

The sad part is I need it more for work than for games :grimacing:

At this point its affecting me badly.

1 Like

Xbox could had followed up GwG with something closer to last month to make up for the price increase blunder and we get some absolute stinkers and less games. ZOINKS.

I mean, last month was a good month.

where did I say it was bad?

oh shit yeaaah, I remember you mentioning long back how you do a lot of rendering work as well. You doing all that on a 970 is pretty wild haha, I feel you completely. Overnight renders is not a foreign concept to me. :pensive:

At least with the new Optix backend and all the denoising goodness, rendering speeds have been slashed and continue to. 20 series was simply not worth investing in in retrospect, Iā€™m glad I skipped. But yeah, finding a 30 series card right now is painful. Hope you can get your hands on one as soon as possible!

Opening up their games to PC also allows Sony to pursue a Gamepass/Xcloud like competitor where exclusives will launch into the service maybe a year later.

The future is not just selling consoles it about total users using your services, thatā€™s why Xbox has moved towards reporting monthly active users. Have to credit Phil and co. for seeing this and pivoting quickly. Gamepass is the future and this move proves that.

2 Likes

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Ya Wish me Good Luck

1 Like

What the fuck?!? Thatā€™s such a dick move.

WHAT THE FUCK

this is such an arbitrarily petty move on such a benign thing, what the hell

Xbox does not allow paid upgrades

Glad Iā€™m digital, but thatā€™s fucked.

in what way? Wasnā€™t Control, NBA 2K, and so paid?