XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

So I just finished Control, great game overall, but…

Such a sloppy ending, so many unanswered questions. Is Polaris real or not? Was Dillon of any significance for the entire story? What is the Hiss? What is Ahti (the janitor)? Where the fuck is Darling (I know they said he went in but where is he now)? What is the board? The Ashtray maze sequence with the music was far and away the best in the game and one of my favourite gaming moments period.

This really reminds me of Horizon Zero Dawn in terms of plot execution. Awesome concept, amazing world building, but needlessly under- explained

Would love to get everyone else’s thoughts.

2 Likes

I agree with you about it being under-explained but that is the influence of the SCP wiki on the game world. Some things are better left to being a unknown quantity.

Im a huge SCP fan and like I said, that part of the world-building was so so good. But narratively, it just felt poorly explained and wrapped up

1 Like

I too felt the narrative could have been better presented to the player, as it was difficult to follow at times. I certainly think the narratives were better in Alan Wake and Quantam Break. They at least created an intriguing universe so I am definitely interested where they go with any potential sequel.

Yeh I agree, the universe was amazing

Received the PlayStation 5 bundle from GameStop early this morning and it’s a monster. Someone needs to make a GIF with the Predator movie where it takes off it’s mask and Arnold says “you are one ugly mother fucker”…replace the Predator’s face with an image of the PlayStation 5. LMAO.

Anyway, it’s all setup and ready to be played. Once I wrap up The Division 2 this week, I will finally get to play Miles Morales and then wait for Ratchet. No interest in the vibration, haptic feedback or the trigger resistance. I turned all that crap off. I do like the User Interface but I don’t like that the main icons are on the bottom of the screen and you have the press the PS logo button to bring them up. DualShock 5 (yeah, im not calling it dual sense, lol) feels real good just from navigating the menus and whatnot. I do like that it’s bulkier and heavier. It also appears that it’s slightly bigger than the Series X controller which as a side note, does feel smaller than the Xbox One controller but that could just be me.

I do believe that if the PlayStation 5 and controller were solid black instead of white/black, it would so much better. My gaming cubicle is nothing special but my goodness, the PlayStation 5 sticks out like a sore thumb. SMH. At least I know that the majority of Sony’s first party titles will be great to excellent for me so in time, the bad form factor and color decision will eventually fade away.

I’m very happy that I went with the longer TV stand because the original one I was going to buy would have definitely cut it close in regards to how much space is around the consoles, especially the PlayStation 5. Super thrilled that I have both consoles and barring a mid-gen refresh, im set for the current generation. Posted and images and it’s bright due to the lights being on as I normally leave them off when gaming as I don’t want the reflection of the lights on the screen. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I feel you man. Its one ugly mofo but you get used to it.

So many questions that the game didn’t answer. It was really a big disappointement for me.

1 Like

Seeing this picture just made me remember something - I don’t like that the disc drive is “underneath” instead of towards the top part of the console. It’s weird. I do believe that the Digital Edition is the “main look” for the console. lol.

1 Like

I didnt enjoy control at all. Gameplay was solid and the setting was interesting. Some side stories are pretty fun especially the one with refrigerator.

I really did not like the main lead and he constant inner commentary and on top of that I didnt really care for the story arc with the brother. It was the weakest remedy game for me.

you know I liked the slim consoles sony has made. The ps one, ps2 slim and the slim ps4. I really hope they make a slimmer ps5. Im trying to hold out until then

The combination of the size and white/black color is what makes it stand out but in a bad way. If it was all solid black, even for the size, I believe that it would look so much better. The slim consoles were all good. My favorite being the PS2 Super Slim.

I wasn’t going to buy PlayStation 5 until later this year but on my third attempt to buy the bundle at GameStop, the order went through so I was like, okay, awesome…I received it and now my current generation of gaming is set.

1 Like

huh I thought everything in Horizon was explained In fact I had no further questions

I really wanna play Valheim, hoping it’ll come to consoles one day…

The Slim PS3 is awesome. I have 2 of them.

A Slim PS5 would need to be shrunk…a lot to be a reasonable size. Like even the PS3 Slim is still a pretty big console and the PS5 is way bigger than a fat PS3.

2 Likes

I think a ps5 slim would actually be called a ps5 normal since it would basically be the size of a normal console.

3 Likes

I really liked the 2012/2013 Slim PS3 model with the sliding disc cover.

Yeah, though there was the sequel dangle at the end, I felt it wrapped everything up rather neatly.

I need to play control though, I had the impression it was quite difficult though and didn’t have any difficulty options so it put me right off. The SCP nature is right up my street though, I may have to just try. I’m not very good at games to be honest :slight_smile:

:face_vomiting:

I played Control on easy, I think? I thought there were difficulty settings. It wasn’t really my thing - combat felt wonky - but you may like it.