XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Oh alright

Hehe, Scouts are one of my favourites :wink: With focus on cloak and grenades they can turn the tide in a battle singlehandedly. Need some specific gear for that though.

I really like all the side missions too, the challenge of going for the optionals is fun. I think there is a system with missions after the story ends so Iā€™ll keep it around after Iā€™m done with the story just to do a mission here and there.

No, but itā€™s been in every one of the last few.

this should NOT become standard and is a very troubling argument imo. Coming free with GPU should not negate concerns of overpricing. I already see it happening, whenever a gameā€™s value is brought up, if thereā€™s an argument to be made that the game or DLC should have costed less in retail, saying ā€œbut itā€™s in gamepass thoā€ should not cut it.

Not everyone cares or will care about Gamepass, and it has nothing to do with its value, but more so its inherent model. Not everyone cares about or want to be tied down to subscriptions to access their games. Phil has emphasised that retail will continue to matter to Xbox just as much as subscriptions, and it should. Getting to play a game amongst others at a price, one at which youā€™d lose access when you stop paying a sub is different to purchasing a whole game and playing it whenever you want. That is why I was so glad when Phil mentioned publishing on Steam for example has become sort of an implicit understanding amongst their audience.

So yeah, if a DLC or a game is overpriced, it is overpriced, doesnā€™t matter if it is in Gamepass, because the overpriced part is being judged on its retail value, not a generalized subscription that includes it, but is still external to it.

Is 20ā‚¬ for a cinematic singleplayer 3 hour campaign to much? What remains of eden finch launched at the same price. So did Inside and many other games with a short runtime.

1 Like

Of course, but many reviewers conveniently ignore it or at the very least have that ā€˜pricing optionā€™ impact the score they give.

1 Like

Just a heads up to any Resident evil fans there was a big leak so watch out for Spoilers

I made up my mind and will wait for the next gen patch on Cyberpunk. Until then I have enough games to play :slight_smile: starting with dragon quest

I donā€™t worry very much about the price of Stranger Things DVD-box either, cause you know itā€™s on Netflix.

1 Like

Damn

wow just bought immortal Fenyx for $45 on amazon, crazy how fast that game went on sale. I didnā€™t see xbox version, so went with playstation.

@DeoGame you might be interested in this deal since itā€™s available on amazon canada

1 Like

this game is high up on my list 30ā‚¬ and I take it for now Im waiting on Cyberpunk next gen and ply Dragon Quest also Hivebuster is coming tomorrow

1 Like

Hopefully it gets discounted on the Microsoft Store soon enough. Canā€™t wait to try this game!

Iā€™ve been waiting for sales on NBA 2K21, DMC5:SE, Immortals, Observer and Overcooked :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hard for me to care about Xbox gamers who refuse to sign up for Game Pass. Theyā€™re doing it to themselves.

2 Likes

games are not like television or movies on several levels, this argument is very disingenuous. For starters, no one cares about ā€œowning Stranger Things on CDā€, yet more people care about owning their games than being subbed, although subs as a model is growing for sure, but it would be a horrible future if games became like Netflix. Secondly, Netflix and the like arenā€™t tied down by several layers of DRM like games (and gamepass) are. Thereā€™s an entire essay I can write about why stringent DRM is not good for the preservation of the medium but I digress.

Also, the point isnā€™t about a gamepass member having access to it, itā€™s about everyone else who doesnā€™t care about gamepass (those on Steam for example) getting it at a reasonable price. Saying ā€œbut itā€™s free on gamepassā€ is therefore a circular argument.

Iā€™m not arguing whether or not 20 dollars is reasonable for the DLC, Iā€™m just arguing something being on gamepass doesnā€™t negate concerns of overpricing on retail versions, nothing to do with Gears DLC in particular.

yeah for pretty much 50% off is too good for a deal to pass up. I think it will go on sale soon, heck maybe even for the end of year sale tbh, and will most likel be 35% off like watchdog was

1 Like

The point is simple. Does Xbox audience only want to welcome a userbase that is also 100% onboard with gamepass, or is it gonna be flexible for all those as well who might not care about the model as much but still want to access their games traditionally? I hope itā€™s the latter, and itā€™s a demographic Iā€™m personally in.

Well, thatā€™s your opinion. Itā€™s still available for $0 for me, or a whopping $1 for someone new to XGP. If you want to own it to replay it in some distance future Iā€™m sure there will be digital sales. Or use the discount you get withā€¦ Xbox Game Pass. After a couple months that should be a 20% discount so $16. However way you twist it, it is not expensive.

I think they still care about those gamers because if they didnā€™t they wouldnā€™t release games on steam. I think its a trade off, and they know once 23 studios start churning games non gamepass gamers will buy those games. However, I do think gamepass is a must if in xbox ecosysystem since its great value