Xbox Series X pre-orders might be coming very soon

My body is ready!

1 Like

Yeah the 3-month thing was one of the reasons why I didn’t get any gift cards yet. I’ll probably get them with the next Hot Deal. I didn’t know the MS Account money part though, that’s weird 0_o

It may have sounded confusing, but the key part is that if a credit card is used in any way when pre-ordering it won’t actually charge until they ship the console. So if the 90 day expiration thing is a concern (was definitely in my case) then you need to use ALL Microsoft account credit when you pre-order (which can include your redeemed rewards credit of course) for it to charge immediately upon pre-order which means that the 90 day expiration is no longer a concern because you have used the rewards credit at that point.

1 Like

Ahhh okay I see. I might just wait for November to pre-order, or buy it on the release day. Hoping there will be enough haha

I’ll preorder the second it becomes available. Been ready for over a year for this financially.

1 Like

True, But i think Phil said that they have enough room to reduce the price if i’m not mistaking. Altho i’m not an expert in these sort of stuff but i think MS has the capability of receiving more Loss for selling each unit compared to Sony.

1 Like

He said they’re happy with we’re they’re at on price, and that they’re able to be agile vs the competition. That doesn’t mean they’re going to take a $150 loss on hardware though. I think even selling at $499 they will be selling at a loss.

1 Like

My goodness can we please just get a date and price? This game of cat and mouse is really something else.

Ikr

Good, waiting has gotten exhausting.

Can I ask why? Obviously $399 would be awesome and I hope that’s what we see, but why ditch Lockhart? Wouldn’t giving people a lower price point to get into next-gen only be beneficial (I know I’d be buying a Series X and a Lockhart day one if the prices are right)?

As long as it’s not $599, I’ll be there day one.

I would consider Xbox All Access if

a) it essentially put my current GPU on hold and that time wasn’t used while paying for All Access

b) I was guaranteed a console on launch day

Give me that and I’ll sign up for All Access vs paying for it all up front.

1 Like

£450 English pounds

Where I think price will land:

• Xbox Series X: $399 USD
  • Xbox Series S: $299 USD

Phil also mentioned that we would be getting Pre-Orders later this summer and also, that they would not be a surprise. You can expect them to announce when preorders will go live, and my guess is the end of August or beginning of September.

If they’re going that low for Series X they’d drop Series S to 249. But I can’t imagine they go under 400 for Series X.

Honestly I dont want the date or pre-orders given this month for both Xbox Series X and PS5.

Just have em be at the best buy and have people freak out on Twitter. At this rate that would be a fitting 2020 move. The way we know Halo Infinite is out is because the Gamepass app sends a notification saying Halo Infinite is now out lol

I agree that my projection is aggressive, but I think based on comments about being “flexible” with the price that we are going to be surprised one way or another.

Oh man I would be so excited about an october launch especially if it’s around the 23rd which is my birthday.

1 Like

Ok here’s my take on price…

$499/$549 for Series X (Depending on PS5 pricing) $249/$299 For Series S

The reasons I feel it won’t be as low as $399 are fairly simple. If you price up comparable parts your looking at $1000+ not including R&D etc and whilst Microsoft would obviously be able to get bulk parts at a huge discount and happily take an initial loss on the console I think selling at $399 would be an extreme loss that they would only be willing to take if Sony go for $449 on the PS5(They won’t).

The other big thing that makes me think $399 would be too low is that Microsoft are really pushing a big expansion on the Xbox All Access program, If the console was that low priced initially then there would be no need to offer such a big expansion on an affordable monthly payment scheme, it would be a waste of marketing money.