Xbox Series X pre-orders might be coming very soon

Yeah its super enticing. I already have money saved up for a XSX but if the payment is low, I can roll that into a PS5 and get both. It’s a win win!

1 Like

This is also where the cheaper Xbox Series S/Lockhart option could be really big for them when combined with an Xbox All Access option too. There could definitely be some PlayStation, Nintendo or even PC primary gamers that decide to check things out as a secondary system on the Xbox ecosystem side due to the value of Xbox Game Pass when paired with such purchase options.

I think pricing series X as a 399$ machine & completely ditching the low-end series s would be the perfect idea.

2 Likes

Bummer about COVID, cause I was looking forward to a midnight store release.

As it is, I’ll probably try to pre-order directly from the Microsoft store as I had a good experience with my One X preorder arriving on time.

That low of pricing is virtually impossible with the internals that Series X has.

Finally can’t wait to preorder it along with halo infinite and a warranty

I’m ready. Probably going to use GameStop since it’s nearest to me, just hope they don’t go out of business before launch.

I’m torn, I want to get the console day 1 as I have gotten the last 2 consoles day 1, but there is nothing I want to play at launch.

I want to believe $399.99 for the Series X, but just can’t see it. If that was the launch price, they wouldn’t have waited this long to announce it IMO. Guessing $449 or more likely $499.

Would love to be wrong!

1 Like

day one buy for me just hope the price is not to steep

1 Like

Quick question! I’m piling up MS Reward points for Xbox gift cards to pay a portion of my Series X. If I pre-order on the MS website, do I have to pay upfront or I can pay later when I have my gift cards?

1 Like

$399 is not gonna happen no way, people shouldn’t really be thinking it’s going to be that because you’re setting yourself up for disapointment. $499 or even $599 I think is possible. The whole no way would they ever do $599 is a bit blown out to me because that was so many years ago and we have things now like Xbox All Access and the Series S.

I do think $499 is more likely though, but wouldn’t be shocked if it’s $599.

1 Like

good guestion i’m doing the same would also like to know if they take full payment when i preorder or a deposit then full payment when they ship it

You should be able too I know right now when you add gift cards to your account you can use it to purchase stuff like controllers so I don’t see why not, unless they don’t allow preorders for new consoles. Just keep saving them up anyway because there’s probably a good chance you can.

Is anyone else worried that there might not be enough Xbox Series X consoles made to satisfy the pre-orders? I feel like this is gonna be a huge release, especially with Halo. I want make sure I get mine day one.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to use those gift cards on Series X (I read the gift cards details to be sure), I’m just waiting for a Hot Deal on the Gift Cards to spend my Rewards points. I just want to be sure I’ll have the ability to setup the payment before it goes to my credit card, if I pre-order the console.

I think people have also missed a pretty big hint on release of the XSX, the latest Halo novel, Shadows of Reach is set just before the events of Infinite and will give the game a slightly expanded backstory linking it back to Halo 5.

With this in mind and given previous Halo novels releasing just before a new game drops I think there’s a hint on a probable release timeline.

I have the book on preorder and originally it was set to release in September but over the last few weeks I have received multiple emails with release date changes, the last one I received and it seems to have stuck this time is October 20th, given previous releases I think the Series X will land early in November.

2 Likes

They announced the pre-orders for Xbox One X at Gamescom 2017 so pretty sure it’ll be at Gamescom 2020.

1 Like

I have it pre-ordered as well for my Kindle, looking forward to it. In the meantime I’m reading Halo Mythos and the Forerunner trilogy.

I redeemed points for Xbox gift cards back in June when they had a “hot deal” on them. You have to use the redeemed “promotional credit” within 90 days of redemption though, meaning in my case I am really crossing fingers that pre-orders happen prior to September 18th when my first credit starts expiring. I can’t imagine that pre-orders won’t open up in August no later than Gamescom at the end of this month if they are launching the consoles within several months at this point.

One important note too though is that if you are going to use this redeemed promotional credit to pre-order, the ENTIRE pre-order purchase must be made using Microsoft account money and not mixed with a credit card for part of the purchase if the 90 days thing is a concern because it will only charge you the pre-order immediately if paying in full with Microsoft account money (which uses the promotional credit at pre-order time). So in my case I bought some additional Xbox digital codes to apply to my total Microsoft account balance to cover a possible $499 plus tax pre-order price when they go live.

1 Like