Xbox Series X - First impressions

You will probably expect somewhere around 600-700gb. As you have the operating system and Astro’s playroom pre-installed.

The biggest revelation for me today is that the green on the top of the Series X is not a led lol

1 Like

The 800GB of free storage space on the internal SSD should be more than enough for me seeing as how I play one game at a time until completion. The only two games that I will have downloaded and installed will be Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 since I will be buying them digitally.

Even if I say 500GB of free space after those two games, I would have Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Marvel’s The Avengers and Watch Dogs Legion as my disc based games with them being played in the order that I just mentioned them so after they are completed and uninstalled, I will have a few Game Pass games.

I will be close for the first few months after I receive the console but once I get to the Spring and are all caught up with everything, I shouldn’t have an issue for the rest of the generation because of how I play games one at a time.

Definitely concerning for those who play a lot of games consistently or just want everything downloaded and installed for whenever they want them.

The quick resume is an excellent feature but because of how I play games, I will most likely never utilize it. The console being extremely quiet is great not that im surprised considering how quiet the Xbox One X is.

The load times is the game changer. Outer Worlds in like 10 seconds without any optimization is insane. Definitely in for a treat when it comes to Xbox Series X and I can’t wait.

So very hyped!!! Six weeks to go!!!

1 Like

You can still use Quick Resume for a single game, and it will store your game instance even when you turn off the console. When you turn it back on, you can instantly jump to your one single player game with even less waiting.

It’s gonna be a long 6 weeks…

Apparently Quick Resume can do upto 12 games save state in SSD at a time.

Oh damn. Well, this I didn’t know. I figured that it was for two or more games since you would be switching between them. Good to know. Thanks.

Slightly disappointed in the xbox team at the apparent lack of sticker on the Series X and S.

#TeamSticker

1 Like

Fair enough lol. Although I will say I expect all publishers to raise prices this gen, including Microsoft. At least with Microsoft though you will be able to circumnavigate it by subscribing to Game Pass.

Some of those will get service updates though won’t they, like Avengers and the Ubisoft games.

5 Likes

This means we can have 12 Xbox One games running at the same time, so switch between 12 games or do I misunderstand it?

Don’t worry these aren’t production units, you’ll likely have your sticker.

It’s kinda like alt tabbing to 12 different games yeah (with a 4sish second delay). But the total amount of games you can switch to varies based on the memory used by the game itself.

Amazing. I love it. I already know I will be using this a lot.

1 Like

Yeah, Xbox Game Pass completely trivialize any price hike of MS first party games. Very different situation than on that other console.

1 Like

It’s great looking on twitter and finding all these people who claim their PS4 boots up in under 20 seconds from cold…yeah…some magic going on there…

1 Like

Loving these impressions!! All of those games in quick resume. Sheesh ! 12 is a lot! Maybe there might be a setting down the road to set a limit to save space?

I usually swap between 1-3 games between releases.