Xbox Series X - First impressions

Yeah I have a 3TB one by Samsung but it’s not SSD. Ah well.

wow those load times are awesome

1 Like

You can buy a standard internal ssd drive on sale and slide it into an external USB case.

You can? That sounds good. Especially when it saves quite some money.

Are there any info about auto hdr on BC games? I saw no one mentioned it.

Cancelled.
600ish gb space.
£70 games(90usd)
16inches tall/wide if laid down, it won’t fit in my unit, with decent air flow.

Maybe down the line I’ll get the slim revision to compliment the series x, if the games drop from £70, but as great as demon souls remake looks, I’ve decided I can’t justify it now sadly.

Atleast someone else can grab and enjoy my cancelled preorder now though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Damn lol. You honestly did cancel it. To be honest I made the decision ages ago that I was going to get the slim version because those always tend to be the better version and it should be slightly cheaper. However, after seeing the console and other information I am glad I made the decision.

2 Likes

Yes. I bought a 1TB ssd from China last year and a cheap 3.0 USB case and they work very well together. There are external cases to put internal M.2 SSDs too already.

I was going to have it compliment my series x, but it’s been playing on my mind since I ordered it.

It clashes with my unit, but it has been annoying me, how badly Sony is screwing UK consumers, the £70 (90USD) per game, rubs me the wrong way, don’t really want to support that, hopefully UK consumers show Sony this, but I am sure they will just tolerate it haha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can’t see just Sony doing it, I fully expect all to be doing it when full cross gen games hit including MS.

Are there things you still need to connect or do you just out the internal sssd into the case, usb into Xbox and done?

Gears Tactics is £49.99. (not sure if this is on the one)

Medium is £42 (series S|X only, also on game pass)

Currently it is only Sony, but Microsoft games are also on game pass, so I can atleast demo them first before dropping the money, or play them and wait for them to drop a little so I can put them on my game shelf :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah Gears is on the 1, it would be interesting if MS keep first party costs low but gamepass may increase in that case. Some games in europe for preorder have higher prices, like WB but it’s going to get real annoying.

I have AC Valhalla Gold preordered for £70, I won’t be paying £100 for it though if those games go up.

1 Like

looks impressive, finally Sekiro in 60fps :+1:

4 Likes

Yes, you just need to connect the external USB case with your SSD inside of it and it’s done. Standard 2.5" SSDs don’t require any additional power source. I bought a M.2 SSD external case from China too (I don’t have a M.2 drive yet, but I bought to use it in the future) and it also uses just a USB cable.

I never thought about this, I’ll be replaying this to get the fourth and final ending I’m missing :smiley:

Also maybe dark souls 3 with 60fps too? That’s uncapped too right???

Looking very forward to Valhalla, I preordered standard for £45, I purchased the dlc for Odyssey and never got round too it myself, the base game had more than enough content for myself, but after beating it I was done :stuck_out_tongue:

So I am not as preemptive with dlc now, as I have so much dlc for games I’ve never touched :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty cool stuff, as far as I understand quick resume uses reserved space on your ssd to be able to jump between multiple titles. So the number of titles is not hard capped but the space on the SSD is. So I thought it would be cool if we could decide how much space we wanted to use for quick resume. But that probably just oversimplifies how this works, lol.

Notice a few seem to be downloading Cyberpunk onto their Series X systems…hmmmm…

Cyberpunk and AC:Valhalla will be some of the games we will see with the next wave of info. Not really a surprise, as Xbox has the marketing rights :slight_smile:

Is that confirmed anywhere?