Xbox Series X - First impressions

People just want to throw shit, better to just ignore. 20 seconds cold boot is very fast, who gives a fuck. I’d test my PS4, but I have had no reason to boot that up since Ghost of Tsushima :man_shrugging:

1 Like
4 Likes

Yes!

That’s what i understood as well.

1 Like

Full clocks and CU are used on BC games.

RDNA2 features are not used for BC games.

Watching DF’s video now.

Hitman is being shown, and it says 4K quality mode under the One X part but nothing on the Series X part. But I assume both games here are in 4K quality mode.

And I haven’t yet gotten around to playing Hitman and now I’ll be playing it soon in 60fps in the 4K mode. Shit so good!

Impressive tech.

Awesome video from Digital Foundry. Has me salivating for 60fps modes (or option to unlock framerate) on all my Game Pass games now, lol.

Aaaah bummer, earlier today when I saw Jeffrey Grubb’s video I thought he was running FF15 in resolution mode, but as seen in DF’s video now it’s actually the lite mode which is 1080p. Dev input is needed for the resolution mode.

1 Like

Yeah but im not playing all of them past the base game. Reading/watching about The Avengers, im simply going to play through the main campaign and that’s pretty much it. Maybe do the side stuff if it’s good but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Once the base game is done, it will be traded in.

Same applies for Watch Dogs Legion. Campaign is a guarantee but if the optional side content is similar to Watch Dogs 2 which I hated and barely did any of it, it will only be played for the campaign. Legion is more because the game is based in London and I want to play as a John Wick character. Hehe.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (and Cyberpunk 2077 for that matter) will be digital purchased including the expansion pass. Gold Edition for Valhalla and whatever it ends up being called for Cyberpunk that includes their expansion pass.

Vast majority of the games will be just the base game and that’s it. After that, time to move on to the next game.

Haven’t had the chance to watch DF video, but does series X improve visuals of One X games or just framerates?

Is it me or does it seem like the lighting, especially on the trees in the foreground is much more pronounced on the Series X @ the 4:02 mark?

Digital Foundry said they will reveal more about the Series X feature that will allow to double framerates on “select titles”, which I belive is different from just having higher framerates when they were unlocked on current gen.

Yes. It’s a frame rate doubler…so 30-60 or 60-120. Applied by the Xbox BC team. Only for select titles though. I’m guessing ones where doing that doesn’t break the physics…

Actually ran the test. 40 seconds from turning on to home screen fully operational (PS4 Slim).

Xbox One S is even worse, though.

1:05 cold boot.

But don’t know what those people are smoking when saying that PS4 has 20 second boot time, lol.

1 Like

They smoking the hypocrisya denialia, a famous plant known for believing your own fabricated bs lol

I never had 20s boot on my ps4, straight up made up lies as usual when cold hard facts strike, throw blatant lies.

Anyway…MS BC team are truly the stars of the show here

@XboxP3 please thank Jason Ronald and the BC from us, you have a dream team here! We can’t be thankful enough for such incredible achievement.

On behalf of all XBOXERA forums, Thank you!

giphy (5)

12 Likes

Xbox Series X system seller: Monster Hunter World can hit 60fps on Resolution Mode.

6 Likes

I’m wondering the same thing. Really curious about it. Don’t want to let my backlog behind.

7 Likes

Could Pro possibly be faster?

Really though, all this nonsense doesn’t surprise me at all. Every time there is good news it gets downplayed by these silly folks.

“Meh, Bethesda isn’t all that anyway”, “they don’t ahvd games of their own, so they buy them” “game pass only has cheap indie games, no AAA on there.”

And so on :rofl:

Yeah that Starfield leak has got alot of negativtiy, based on one bloody image. No doubt bad faith trolling.

Testing out the PS4 Pro, it takes 22 seconds from the moment you press the PS button on the controller to all the tiles loading up on the dashboard.

1 Like