Xbox Series S/X Preorder Discussion (Poll included)

Series x and I have to prepay the whole thing with my pre order in my country. No new games though, I will start with a few enhanced (I hope) BC ones. From the launch line up I only want assassin’s creed and I can wait for a price drop. The rest of the launch line up is dreadful but then again I couldn’t stomach paying 80€ for Sony games.

Day one. Series X. Can’t wait!

Thinking I’ll grab Assassin’s Creed and/or Yakuza at launch, but I’m mostly going digital for games. So, I’ll figure that out later on.

I’m waiting a couple of months, maybe get one in January.

Series S for me. One of the few here it seems. No 4K TV yet, so don’t see the need for a XSX right now. Still have the One S for my disc based games, but Im going digital only more and more. When all my audio an visual upgrades are done (receiver, speakers, TV, etc etc) I will get a XSX. Thats the plan for now at least :smiley:

2 Likes

In addition to a Series X for myself, my intention is to pre-order a Series S for my older brother, though I’m starting to have second thoughts.

The pitch is that it’s effectively a 1440p version of the X, but how will that translate in practice?

Obviously, we’ll only know for certain when it’s out in the wild, but do you folks think the meaningful differences will extend beyond just resolution?

I’m really concerned some retailers are going to jump the gun, gotta get up a couple of hours earlier than 8am tomorrow.

You really think they will? Guess I’ll get up 6:59am to be safe :stuck_out_tongue:

You should hope they do. Because the bots are going to take everything that is available at the preorder time. Also, spoke to GameStop in the US and that is a no go. They are only getting a very small number of units, and I’m not showing up at 2:00 or 3:00 AM to try and get one, even in a small town - they’ve already sent campers home and told them to come back later. Looks like I’m not getting anything, and will have to wait - this will be a complete shit show

There are going to be a LOT of disappointed people here tomorrow

Ya stock isn’t looking good. https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64/status/1308105983827128320

That seams to be less than PlayStation stock to me.

Australian, here.

Well, it has been a frustrating morning. Pre-orders advertised to begin at 8 am.

I had multiple stores pages open and ready to go, ALL of them with the exception of Microsoft themselves just got DESTROYED under the load.

EB Games had a really compelling trade-in offer so I can see why their site died (although they say new pre-orders open in two and a half hours…) but all of the other major retailers also failed to present the IT infrastructure required to complete an order.

In the end I BELIEVE I’ve successfully secured both a Series X and a Series S via Microsoft directly.

For the rest of you around the world, I’d STRONGLY recommend buying direct from Microsoft as other retailers just don’t seem to be able to maintain the IT and related payment systems infrastructure to deal with the load.

I’m putting my trust in Wario64 with his direct links … the Microsoft site in the US is going to get hammered by the bots, just like the Nvidia site did. Only hope is that MS held back a lot of them for their own site

So this Wario64 guy just links storefronts and takes his cut of each sale? Amazing. Why do people use his links rather than just going direct?

I got my card entered into Microsoft Store so I can complete the sale as fast as possible when it goes live.

Lol I’m logged in and ready on the MS store

fingers crossed for everyone

:phil_lmao:

I also registered myself for Best Buy as well,

I have a plan C as well but won’t mention that store in case people start flocking over there.

I am not leaving tomorrow without a Series X pre-order paid for.

Thanks for the update :blush:

Got 700 CAD of credit on MS store.

Wonder if you buy it from the MS Store, do you get some MS Reward points? :thinking:

What are the chances of any store start selling before 8am pst?

How does this work, you just refresh the page and and a buy now button should appear at 8am?

Yes, do you get points on hardware purchases, but I don’t think they’re added till your card is charged which will be when the console ships in November.

Pretty much. That’s what I did for JB Hi-Fi here in Aus and the page changed from “Register your interest” to “Pre-order now”

But then the shipping options crapped out (I assume due to server load) and I ended up ordering through the MS store anyway lol