Xbox Series S/X Preorder Discussion (Poll included)

I’m going with the Series X.

I don’t know what to get at launch yet. Probably Assassin’s Creed and maybe Dirt 5. I don’t know if I’m getting Cyberpunk yet since the next-gen upgrade seems to be far out, but I may give up on waiting and playing it on BC mode.

Then there’s the Game-Passlooza. The Medium, The Ascent, Gears Tactics, Haven, Tetris Effect…

Btw, I don’t think the Series X version of Destiny will be released this year.

I may wait a bit. I usually jump into a generation after a price drop/new revision where you also get a pack in game and other top games are cheaper.

However this time I have MS points to spend so if those gift cards go on sale or they do a bonus pts promo, I’ll probably just go ahead at that time. Also while the plan is currently for a Series X right now, if the Series S is really working out great I may pick that up and then whatever top model comes out mid gen later.

1 Like

Really? I’ll put in an edit just in case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Series X all the way! Need that 4K 120fps goodness and I have a huge UHD blu-ray collection as well so disc drive is necessary for me! Got the OLED with 120hz support, just gotta upgrade to an atmosphere sound system and I’m set!

I think I’ve heard that the update is coming in 2021, but I can’t seem to find the source for that. Though as far as I know it was not confirmed for the Series X launch.

Destiny 2 will be coming to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, developer Bungie announced on Thursday. Exactly when those next-gen versions will be released, or if they will have any changes from the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, is unclear at this time.

“More details to come,” Bungie said in a tweet this morning.

I am more bummed with Cyberpunk’s enhancements missing the console launch, though :frowning:

@TheScarecrow101 both have our own set ups so we’ll be getting 2 Series X, day one.

Gonna pre order a xsx.

Will get a PS5 maybe on black Friday 2021. It kinda sucks that I have to buy a console just to play naughty dog games. I played Spiderman and god of war this gen and while they were both very good, I can go without them.

I see both of you have The Ascent as a Game Pass title. Is this true because it’s not listed on their game page on Xbox.com? Thanks.

You are correct, it is not coming to Game Pass. My mistake!

Unless it’s been changed and the page hasn’t been updated to reflect it yet? Game has been very quiet since that Game Informer issue or was it another magazine? Ugh. Can’t remember. Oh well. Guess we’ll find out eventually.

Planning on getting the Series X, I really hope pre orders aren’t messed up and all snagged by bots.

1 Like

Series X for me. Sure do really miss having a Forza and Halo being at launch though. Then again I have yet to play through MCC after the fixes it received so that’ll be a thing to play it on Series X,plus I still need to finish Forza7 so yeah I’ll be enjoying those on the new hardware. More than anything I’m the type thats gotta have the newest XBox day one so I’ll be enjoying GamePass + trying out my favorites again on the new system. I’m not at all technically smart with this stuff but would Series X have something like Blair Witch Project play more smoother,less hitches? That thing on the X(and from I’ve heard on PC also) is so unoptimised its disappointing,yet I loved the game,big fan over the original film and its a favorite of mine to play through. Anyways yes, I plan to order one with Best Buy’s web site. I’ve already got store credit,sold PS4Pro and soon enough the Switch as I hardly ever use them nowdays. If they sell out I’ll be annoyed but it is what it is. I’ll get one eventually. I still remember walking into a Circuit City a week after the PS3 launch and seeing a lone PS3 for sale,snagged it. Or when Gamestop called me 3 weeks after they sold out of all XBox360’s and being offered one,snagged it! Just gotta keep your ear to the ground,opportunities will present themselves. Ebay hoarders can go to hell too,theyre the reason we always go through this anxiety. .

I’m probably waiting because I have some other expenses lined up for the end of the year, but I’ll be grabbing a Series X in early 2021, the sooner the better.

You know, in giving it serious thought over the past few days, I’ve decided I’m gonna hold off until February to get my Series S. Absolutely none of these games are jumping out at me as must haves, and if I’m going with an all-digital console, I’m sure as hell going to be very picky about what games I pay full price for. The loss of Halo for a couple of months up to a year is a real killer, even though I understand and accept the delay. Hell, if there was even a Battlefield game this year I’d jump in, but alas.

So yeah, I’ll hold off until Far Cry 6 releases, then get a Series S. Didn’t get the XBOX One until Titanfall launched, so this feels right.

1 Like

Series X for me, Series S for my youngest brother. If things go great economically, I’ll consider a second Series S next year for the living room.

Series X for me. Will replace the One X in my primary gaming setup in the living room. Eventually I will get another Series X or maybe a Series S for the secondary library setup.

My brothers family are getting two Series S for the kids, replacing their One S’.

So just to be clear, pre-orders start at 11am eastern time?

Day 1 series X if I can get a preorder in. Upgrading from a Base Xbox One so it’ll be a big jump.

1 Like

Tomorrow is the big day, getting super excited, going to set my alarm to 7:30am, ready to refresh and order :smiley:

1 Like

Day one for both here. The X for me and the S for my wife. I’ll be grabbing Assassins Creed, FIFA and CoD a couple of days later with Cyberpunk 2077 the following week. Add in that Game Pass and I’m golden for a long ass time. Can’t wait!

1 Like