Xbox Series S was ‘Black Friday’s most popular console’, it’s claimed - VGC

I’ve actually heard this too from some who have both the X and S. From a reasonable playing distance and when you’re not looking for differences you’ll barely see any on a lot of the games.

Look we are just happy we can play BL3 with like 7 seconds loading times lmao.

3 Likes

That’s always been a shit fanboy take. Xbox stopped making Xbox One consoles in early 2020. The only stock of last gen consoles would be from second hand sellers.

Tell me about it! I’m always like 5 seconds away from playing Forza Horizon 5 and that’s just heavenly.

Every time my Halo Infinite match takes a long ass time to load, I know it’s because of somebody’s damn Xbox One

7 Likes

Them spinning drives holding us back :phil_lmao:

Speaking of Infinite, I seen some footage that had the loading screen for the campaign and it’s like 3-4 seconds fast :eyes:

1 Like

I’m seeing people saying basically “It’s selling because nobody wants it.” :thinking:

4 Likes

Yup, the cycle never ends.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

Remember so much BS from the media and look how wrong they were

6 Likes

Wasn’t there recently an article saying if MS can’t beat Sony this holiday they never will?

2 Likes

VG247 yea they are a tabloid

I think this is an interesting study case. "The Series S is available because “nobody wants it.” Well that may actually have some truth to it, but it would be more accurately said as "The Series S is available because the scalpers and hardcore (or those willing to pay a premium) don’t want it. That means the console is more readily available for people who just want to play the newest video games.

It isn’t about people not wanting it but having no choice, it’s about the people who do want it being able to get it because all of the scalper greed is focused on the more profitable (for them) consoles.

3 Likes

I mean the console is more available for manufacturing reasons and demand reasons, we personally can’t know which one is the real reason so let’s pretend it’s both. What matters is that it’s more available.

It’s also the holidays, in case no one noticed, where people buy a lot for themselves and others.

Xbox also released games from their two biggest franchises recently.

So, it makes sense, basically.

1 Like

Surely there is some amount of Black Friday shoppers that weren’t interested/aware of Series S before but are giving it a look now. So it’s probably getting a boost.

But overall I think the takeaway is that people always were interested in what the Series S is offering. “No one wants it” was a fanboy take on message boards, not something from the real world.

6 Likes

Reading “other” places reactions to this news has been hilarious.

“It’s because it’s the only console on the shelves!”

Well no shit. MS deserves all the credit for offering a cheaper (albeit less powerful) alternative that’s easier to produce and cheaper to ship to retailers.

People are buying them because in today’s volatile economic climate, the Series S offers a cheaper entry point that actually plays this holidays hottest games.

Heck I know alot of Playstation only guys jumping in and getting a Series S as a secondary console and signing up to Game Pass. Thing is it might end up becoming their primary console.

8 Likes

Well it is a given they are producing more Series S consoles considering all of them are selling out. The main point to take away is that the Series X and PS5 sales aren’t necessarily indicative of the true demand for them due to scalpers hording them or others shipping them to different markets. The Series S without the attention of scalpers (or as much attention) but yet still selling at a level enough to outsell the others shows that people do want to buy the console. I don’t think it is fair to attribute this to “Oh well I’ll just buy whatever is on the shelf” since the sales data is technically more accurate for the Series S as far as meeting consumer demand goes.

1 Like

I do wonder if the consumers that buy series will upgrade their console to series x down the road. I think that would be interesting to see because I can see people initially wanting a series s as a secondary console for gamepass. However, could see them wanting a more premium console and wanting to upgrade to Series X.

2 Likes

I had a Series S for a couple of months before getting my Series X and to be honest I don’t really notice any difference (I usually play on a 1440p monitor). That said, I like having the disc drive and the extra BC features, but the Series S is a great option for a lot of people.

1 Like

Schrodineger’s Series S:

The next-gen console that sits on shelves unsold for months because nobody wants it yet only sells out on Black Friday because people are desperate for a next-gen console and can’t find Series X or PS5.

6 Likes

Most people that say the Series S sucks don’t have one. If you look at all the tech reviews online and on YouTube people are saying Series S is a great console at a great value.

1 Like