Xbox Series S OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, $299, £249. 512 GB NVME SSD, 60% Smaller than XSX, 1440p up to 120 FPS, Ray-Tracing, All Digital and More

I’m a bit mixed on it, mainly just the vent which looks a bit weird. I’ll prob end up getting one of these for my kids to play THPS and Roblox.

Match or undercut is my guess too. They want the More Powerful at the same/lower price I think. Factor in Xbox Game Pass and gaming on Xbox should be the first choice for many, many people.

The black grill is so gross

2 Likes

Smallest Xbox has ever been

Haha yeah, I’ll take a spraycan to it if I buy one for sure.

Yeah, not sure why they would make it black.

299 estimated is interesting. Especially if it’s a screen grab from an official source. May suggest 299 is the ceiling and they’ll lower the cost if they feel the need.

A better marketed way of saying “our market research indicates we need x delta between us and the PS5 go be successful and we’re going to ensure that happens” without being so on the nose as to say “we could charge less but don’t want to if we don’t have to.”

1 Like

I think just to distinguish further from One S. I will say the Black and White Colour Scheme of this gen is kinda ugly, and I like white consoles. Too much contrast.

I think Series X looks the best of the four next gen SKUS.

4 Likes

This could also be great for people who wanted to buy two consoles, but were not sure about the prices.

1 Like

That could definitely be why. I mean, it does stand out albeit in an ugly way. :smile:

1 Like

I will be the first to say if this was a PlayStation Series S, I’d buy in a heartbeat. I’m going for Series X because of full back compat and playing my games in 4k, but PS5 only for exclusives, and thus price matters a ton if I am to get it at launch. This and Xcloud are potential gamechangers when it comes to getting people into the ecosystem.

3 Likes

I think on its side it shouldn’t be too bad, but yeah, looks a bit speakery when vertical.

Came here to post this. The only logical explanation is to distinguish from a white ONE S/X

Fully expecting MS to unveil the console soon now with the price. They may still be waiting for Series X price though.

Damn that thing is tiny.

Yeahhhh after looking more I’m gunna lay it on its side so the vent isn’t at the front :smiley:

In the beginning, there was chaos…

Pretty cool to see some news!

It looks a bit ugly because of the black fan. I think they can fix it easily by making the fan white or making the whole console black. Either way would look great. The fan only looks bad because it’s a completely different color.

3 Likes

Black grill is meh, but I like that price.

Things are dropping into place, specs must be around the corner.