Xbox Series S OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, $299, £249. 512 GB NVME SSD, 60% Smaller than XSX, 1440p up to 120 FPS, Ray-Tracing, All Digital and More

It does, but it’s designed for 1080p TV’s. It’s output is only 1440p max for rendering res. It doesn’t make sense to be running X1X BC since those games are 4k output with textures built for 4k TV’s. The complaint about X1X BC literally doesn’t make sense.

6 Likes

I personally think we will hear more about that tomorrow. In terms of their services, that is the final missing piece of the puzzle that they have yet to elaborate on.

2 Likes

lol

I don’t think Jen-Hsun Huang is really worried about AMDs GPUs but Intel is certainly feeling the heat. I just got a new notebook with the Ryzen 7 4700U and this was an absolute steal. AMD know exactly what they are doing with their APUs, Series S will be fine.

1 Like

As much I’ve come around on the design on this thing, I’ll never buy a all digital console. At least not while digital prices here in the UK are so expensive.

2 Likes

I totally get that. In Australia we can get new release games for around 69 bucks but digital is still up around $100. I’d love to go fully digital to save space but while the price gap is $30 I won’t be swapping any time soon either

I’m 99% digital but I can understand this. Launch games, digitally, are crazy. They get better than retail around here quick though, that’s when I normally buy.

The fact I can sell my games on ebay or whatever when I’ve finished with them is also huge.

An all digital future scares me, all these options go away. But people seem to love Steam, so maybe consoles will get to that place one day.

Buy from other regional stores, I’m in UK too and MS don’t restrict your account from foreign stores.

I preordered Avengers for £34 digitally, I think it was like £60 in UK digital.

I’ve been all-digital all gen, but I just want the extra power.

Pro-tip for saving money on digital purchases: wait for a sale. The games are the same whether you buy them now or in a year’s time.

2 Likes

I know a lot of people think the S is aimed against Sony but I personally feel it’s a device aimed against big tech like Apple/Amazon/Google. I think Apple will start to market the Apple TV as a gaming console soon. I feel those companies are looking to sell 1 billion devices and not just 100 million that the current console seem to be capped to.

1 Like

S is aimed at casuals who only care for the small buck. Wait till next year black friday… 200-250 yep

There comes Game Pass into play … and region free shopping … I save a lot of money by buying my stuff in the US stores …

I think it’s more a casual thing. For the person who wants to play some FIFA, COD, Destiny whatever for a couple hours a week in the evening with some friends. Someone who sees cheap way to play games and doesn’t go “yes but what about the native resolution and draw distance?”

I can’t see the market of people who have a PlayStation, want an additional console, that is an Xbox and doesn’t provide the high end experience as a market big enough to design a whole console for. Though I’m sure there are people who fit that criteria and will want that. But it’s probably a niche of our already core gamer niche.

Most of my purchases are done this way.

2 Likes

One thing I see on twitter is that it is though for journalist to understand the value of gamepass.

As a journalist you get almost any game day one for free and don’t really care for old stuff. For some it might be really hard to see it from a consumer perspective. Somewhat a disconnect between two different demographics.

4 Likes

This is so true! With Xbox Game Pass I get all of XGS games day 1 anyway, which outside a very select few games are all I need on Day 1.

Last sale I bought Greedfall, Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition and the season pass for We Happy few. Total cost: $30… I spend way less money nowadays, and I’m all digitial and play more games than ever.

2 Likes

I dunno about that. The phrase “the best value in gaming” is used so often to describe Game Pass that it should probably be trademarked by now.

3 Likes

What I wanna say is price is a important factor. Also for the console and games.

1 Like

Precisely.

Outside of games with a MP component, you lose nothing by waiting.

2 Likes