Xbox Series S OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, $299, £249. 512 GB NVME SSD, 60% Smaller than XSX, 1440p up to 120 FPS, Ray-Tracing, All Digital and More

I think this will easily be the best selling next-gen Xbox console. What a fantastic move by Microsoft.

5 Likes

I for sure thought I was all in on the Series X, but boy the Series S sounds enticing, especially at that price point. It’s almost too good to be true.

1 Like

I know social media is not really an indication, but when you see that the tweet announcing the Series X has 70-80k likes, and right now, in just 13 hours, the tweet announcing the Series S already has almost 200k likes. It seems people are pretty happy with this announcement. :grinning:

7 Likes

My gaming family other than my daughter have all said the S is where there going and to keep them informed when the pre order hits. That’s 6 people who were not interested in the X because of the price. MS have done there job with the right demographic for this console. I think this could be the console where they get back in the game against Sony

9 Likes

MS actually know what they’re doing then. This will sell gang busters and when the killer exclusives come, demand will skyrocket

1 Like

Bet you can hang it on the wall like a speaker too. That would be dope! It’ll just fall away like speakers in a home theater system. That’s just my bag!

Considering that we all watched next gen game reveals on YouTube at 1080p, we pretty much know what to expect from this machine.

3 Likes

I think the real potential of this console will actually be in 2 years time actually when Microsoft will probably be able to get it down to $249 and we start to see 3rd parties go exclusively to next-gen, especially CoD.

1 Like

i hope we also get down-sampling like they do with the ONE X.

Would love to have some great visuals down-sampled to my 1080p monitor.

1 Like

Are both the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S launching on November 10th or is it just the Xbox Series S? Thanks.

We don’t know.

Probably both

10 Likes

I forget, what is the small middle button on the controller for now? Is that a share button?

Yes.

1 Like

Yeah it was handled really well. Turned it in to a big win!

1 Like

Yeah, apparently the twitter post for the Series S reveal has more then twice the likes then the corresponding post for Series X. Xbox Media Team worked wonders last night after the setback of the leak. Phil Spencer (who has been quiet today?) should give them a pay rise.

I actually had an early night, went to sleep, woke up this morning, checked out the news on the tablet while still in bed, half-awake and I was like OHMYGAWDSERIES-S!!! :grinning:

5 Likes

Also, very smart thinking not to mention the 4TF GPU in the marketing yet. Its difficult to get the message across that a 4TF GPU is actually more powerful then the 6TF one used in the previous Xbox.

I know about GCN vs RDNA 2, but some people watching that trailer won’t, and they’ll think 4 < 6 = less powerful.

2 Likes

Phil is probably busy hunting down leakers with a flamethrower :wink:

I think another part of the success is that noone had time to prepare the downplaying, negativity or bringing peoples hype down like they could have done before an event. No “This is Xbox most important event ever”-articles, concerned tweets, unreasonable expectations or pre-made campaigns. It took those people by surprise too, just like the Series X-reveal. Those two reveals have that in common, the surprise and the success. Compare it to May and July.

20 Likes

It may have worked out better for them this way. Presumably a proper reveal would have included a look at the specs as well as the price, and that could have clouded the conversation somewhat. Now everyone is just thinking about what a great deal this is.

1 Like