Xbox Projects and Timelines Thread | Official and Rumored List (65 and MORE TBD)

I dont know what you’re referring to

1 Like

It’d be generous to consider any of that circumstantial evidence.

I don’t think inXile is going to have the capacity for much else with Cobalt in production. It’s their first proper AAA title and it’s running on UE5, surely it’s gotta be all hands on deck for this project?

2 Likes

I assume it’s like Starfield/ES6 where an overwhelming majority of the studio is on Cobalt with some very small group planning the next game. which was in the “infancy of pre production” as tweeted a year ago.

1 Like

yeah thanks, I felt like I was going crazy being the only person who remembers that tweet

I don’t think meeting with Lynch means Dune. Lynch had a very bad experience with Dune. If Fargo meet with Villeneuve then we may have something.

2 Likes

Updated Shadowrun to imply it could be Vonnegut

Thanks Vinyl

5 Likes

Plz be arkane lyon’s next game

4 Likes

He did not name a studio, so keep your fingers crossed.

1 Like

Just saw that it’s apparantly with XGP so it’s probably not them :frowning:

Where?

I hadn’t heard that

I believe that’s what Jez said when he was talking about Compulsion and Josh Sawyer’s game, he also revealed the Vonnegut codename and something else

Vonne was XGP and the other was XGS in the article iirc

2 Likes

“Microsoft is showing no signs of slowing down either. Xbox chief Phil Spencer this week noted that he’s exploring expanding Microsoft’s casual gaming portfolio through acquisitions, and I also received word of yet another upcoming Xbox Publishing partnership, codenamed “Vonnegut,” presumably after the novelist Kurt Vonnegut, although beyond the game’s codename, I have no information on exactly what that is or who could be making it. Vonnegut falls alongside another first-party title codenamed “Velvet,” although, once again, very little is known about who or what it could be.”

The paragraph in Jez’s article.

6 Likes

Both could be xgsp actually

Really hoping the Shadowrun rumor is true and based on the Super Nintendo version. Let me hire Dwarfs, Orcs, etc. and run rampant!!!

If it’s Global Publishing, then it’s obviously not Arkane or any other internal studio. Would be hilarious if the development studio turned out to be Eidos Montreal as another audition. lol. They would be a great fit too!!

4 Likes

Amen

3 Likes

One of the big reasons I want it to be Arkane is not only because Arkane are awesome and its a perfect IP for an RPG/Sim but if they bring back shadowrun I want them to go big

I dont want it used for some isometric game

3 Likes

You can be isometric and still be big. Most Shadowruns are isometric.

I want Shadowrun from Arkane OR an Obsidian AAA RPG, but come on.

Some of the best and highest rated RPGs are isometric. Isometric is not a genre, it’s a camera perspective. I understand it can be viewed as PC oriented game but it can easily be a great console game as well.

1 Like

Im not saying it cant be a good game but nobody is choosing an isometric rpg over a Dishonored/Prey/Big open world rpg/sim, at least not the majority and certainly not me