Xbox Projects and Timelines Thread | Official and Rumored List (65 and MORE TBD)

They are already part of Nexon, so that’s probably their publisher, who knows.

My question is how did they get 250 devs in 3 years lol

2 Likes

True, didn’t think about Nexon publishing.

I like everything Embark is doing except its founder :face_vomiting:

You’re an intrepid investigative reporter. lol

What happened with him?

Patrick Soderlund, who was a major figurehead at EA (head of Worldwide studios I think, same position as what Hermen Hulst is right now) and DICE during the Battlefront 2 fiasco that got entire governments involved due to how egregious its monetization was, and spelled the end of lootboxes for good in majority of live service/MP games today. Which is sad because Battlefront 2 itself has become known to be a very good game, imagine if it didn’t launch with lootbox garbage.

And from the Anthem report, he was also instrumental in mandating Frostbite across all EA studios, which certainly didn’t help Bioware with Mass Effect Andromeda and an even bigger (albeit partly Bioware’s own fault too) failure that was Anthem.

All of this was during the “Singleplayer games are dead” era of EA, which led to cancellation of much awaited games like the Amy Henning Star Wars project, and the closure of Visceral.

Sadly what he’s actually become known for is a much less egregious thing which is whole Battlefield 5 situation, “if you don’t like women in games, don’t buy it” which was weird, it got all sides screaming at each other, some raging about “historical accuracy” and some with “sexism”, twas a mess, but yeah this is nothing compared to the above stuff that was symptomatic of the worst EA in recent memory.

Glad now EA is doing much better on the “singleplayer” front (took Respawn and JFO to do it but hey I’m not complaining, all hail Zampella :pray: ) and supporting different types of games and experiences.

4 Likes

Zampella is climbing fast up the EA leadership ladder.

1 Like

InXile might be developing a IP in the world of Dune. : GamingLeaksAndRumours (reddit.com)

looks possible

bro please fucking don’t do this to me.

3 Likes

I did find it a bit odd that they posted alot about Dune, but I feel like they have done similar posts for other stuff as well. Big grain of salt on this one

1 Like

yeah I don’t believe it for a second myself lol

1 Like

dune isnt steampunk right?

InXile don’t have enough devs for two projects… Yet.

But, I always got a sense Brian Fargo wants to make a licenced game, he had Mad Max game that got cancelled.

the issue is that the rumored dune game is coming from the devs of conan exiles based on the Nvidia leak few weeks back. So the hype dropped to 0

Far from it. Don’t even know what to call it tbh lol, retrofuturist maybe? There’s a mix of futurist weapons and shields but also rather normal guns and lasers and shit. A lot of it can seem anachronistic for the time the story is set in if you go by futuristic sci-fi conventions.

Yeah I’m not expecting Dune lol, but I think InXile might actually want to make a licensed IP game.

1 Like

I watched it, I really cant describe it in one word what genre it was. Steampunk I assume will be more like bioshock. Did jez or grubb confirm it was a steampunk first person rpg?

Kind of yeah. Basically if steam engines and gears and shit run most technology in the world, it’s steampunk. Generally set in Victorian Era.

It doesn’t seem to have a descriptor like “-punk” but it still is very much about humanity falling back into Feudal ages with charismatic leaders and corporate dystopia. So not too far from what we have today lol.

Yes. I think we know from InXile themselves that it’s a first person action RPG, the steampunk bit is what Jez/Grubb shared.

2 Likes

Even if Inxile is not doing licensed IP, I can tell they will come up with something amazing. But the licenses out there that deserve games are stacking up. I want a LOTR, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, or Ghostbusters game from any of the XGS. It would be epic

1 Like

I know some people will expect this to be like Bethesda & Obsidian’s RPGs, and it makes sense to think that, but I’m thinking it’s gonna be different in its design and structure.

Elder Scrolls type ASOIAF RPG would be a banger

1 Like