Xbox Projects and Timelines Thread | Official and Rumored List (65 and MORE TBD)

It’s litterally a camera perspective. It doesn’t change anything if the game is a quality single player game, which yeah Xbox needs more of and we know are making more of.

The camera perspective goal post will be moved again. Hellblade and Midnight and Fable and Indiana Jones, could be great games and exactly what those people mean, until they release and the narrative becoms “oh they’re just copying PS, nothing new, etc”

1 Like

It only counts if it’s

• Single player ONLY
  • Thrid person
  • Realistic graphics as a demanded bonus
4 Likes

I know, you know, Jez knows, but if I’m being charitable, this is just his editorial lens speaking more so than what he actually thinks (that Xbox lacks any singleplayer game). Everybody got what he’s saying.

I agree that can happen, and perhaps admittedly one of the fears of MS themselves not having pursued that kinda game as much. But it’ll be exciting nonetheless when you don’t pay mind to moved goalposts tbh.

Jez has great sources, but his gaming opinions are very questionable imo, he has often some takes…he would have put Halo on ice for example, lol.

yeah but then he played Infinite and now no other shooter compares for him lol

Also, do listen to Xbox Two every now and then in a more long-form sitting, I think Jez is very smart and even if his opinions might sometime be premature or controversial (as he himself has admitted several times), he will have good or understandable reasons for them and ready to update them over time. IMO he’s definitely up there with Jeff Grubb in the sense they understand the medium of games and the industry at large and more importantly, can communicate that to the rest of us in ways most others simply don’t or can’t.

I agree he knows industry, but I disagree about his takes having a reason, they are a matter of personal preference (and it’s ok), the issue is when he causes controversies because of them, like all the other industry people. Sometimes they should better shut their mouths and that’s it. XD

yeah I mean the reason is often personal preference lol, like the whole Crystal Dynamics situation was him airing on twitter that its concerning to him because he personally doesn’t like CD’s games. In the podcast, he went through the whole thing and admitted that was dumb to tweet lol.

1 Like

At least he had the sense to admit it, other people did not and I could erase them from the list of people I listen to. XD

Also lots of forced slow walking sections in order to show off said realistic graphics.

So, it sounds like Embark and Xbox might be cooking something up?

1 Like

Where’s you see that?

Around 42 minutes in:

1 Like

That wouldn’t be a surprise. Embark don’t seem to just be making a game, it’s seems they’re into development tools and tech too. We’ll see.

Aren’t they a bunch of former DICE people? Would make sense for them to be technically inclined.

Yep

They have shown unannounced games though, which doesn’t line up (IMO) with someone tied to a major publisher.

Like this for example: https://twitter.com/EmbarkStudios/status/1457998271641686023?t=pSJYsRv2TklUxnSwQxkwDA&s=19

They have shown other stuff previously

That was an interesting couple minutes. Reinforced the Kojima game is happening right after.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/embarkstudios/status/1193915606225031175

There might be some partnership, not necessarily publishing.

2 Likes

Even then, just dropping random stuff for unannounced games screams “we’re trying to attract a publisher” to me. Admittedly, that probably doesn’t make a ton of sense for a studio of 250 developers and with 2 games in development.

Guess we’ll see.

That ex-EA guy is tall af and makes Phil look like a child next to him lol

2 Likes