Xbox Projects and Timelines Thread | Official and Rumored List (65 and MORE TBD)

Having played a bit of Wasteland 3, I’m expecting systems like that but scaled to a much larger scope. Basically, amazing character build variety, perks system, deep dialogue options and consequences.

1 Like

I do a summoning circle everday for the rumoured zenimax online game to be GOT. I heard doing it physically does wonders.

1 Like

only question is how interesting could the game be to play. Only Targaryens (cuz Dragons lol) and Dothraki would give that power fantasy in combat.

ASOIAF has an expansive word with rich lore and history, it can have a lot of swordfighting, grounded magic, and so much potential for political allegiances and intrigue, different orders and companies to join, etc.

How I imagine is you play as a sellsword, and thorough your journey you can join whatever alliance or political side, mercenary group, you choose to be. Maybe you can be a Dothraki, that could be interesting too. They can also make up whatever an excuse to have you fly dragons, well if the game is set in an era where dragons live.

2 Likes

That isn’t exactly compelling evidence lol

If they are making one then they are definitely working on two games, since the first has all been but cofnirmed to be that steampunk rpg

Honestly I have zero knowledge of Dune, outside of the trailer for the new one which didn’t look interesting but iv heard good things about the actual movie, however, id be interested in whatever inXile do so count me in if true

1 Like

Some will disagree, but InXile has two titles in the works : Project Cobalt and one in early pre production.

I thought this was common knowledge?

Based on what?

Brian Fargo’s tweets. I swear I remember seeing one where he alluded to there being two projects in the works, one that is super early preprod.

fallout

IIRC he said they have had a second RPG in development but that was months and months ago when they were still working on Wasteland dlc so it seems more likely that “second rpg” refers to the steampunk rpg

3 Likes

If you squint you can see how a person might interpret Dune as steam-punkish as there’s limited tech (at least A.I.) in that universe due to the Butlerian Jihad (you can google if you’re interested in the lore). If they do pursue a Dune game, you’re talking about a mountain of lore spanning thousands of years throughout the books. Think much less Jedi sword fights and more space Game of Thrones. I’m not sure what genre would best work for a game in that universe.

1 Like

Doubt he would call the Wasteland DLC “a wonderful new RPG”

1 Like

I dont know what you’re referring to

1 Like

It’d be generous to consider any of that circumstantial evidence.

I don’t think inXile is going to have the capacity for much else with Cobalt in production. It’s their first proper AAA title and it’s running on UE5, surely it’s gotta be all hands on deck for this project?

2 Likes

I assume it’s like Starfield/ES6 where an overwhelming majority of the studio is on Cobalt with some very small group planning the next game. which was in the “infancy of pre production” as tweeted a year ago.

1 Like

yeah thanks, I felt like I was going crazy being the only person who remembers that tweet

I don’t think meeting with Lynch means Dune. Lynch had a very bad experience with Dune. If Fargo meet with Villeneuve then we may have something.

2 Likes

Updated Shadowrun to imply it could be Vonnegut

Thanks Vinyl

5 Likes

Plz be arkane lyon’s next game

4 Likes