XBOX needs to revive Scalebound

The game was too ambitious also for Platinum itself: they make linear hack’n’slash games with AA polish at best, Scalebound promised an AAA arpg open world with multiplayer coop, it was a recipe for disaster since the beginning if you also consider MS historical issues with japanese devs.

1 Like

couch plant GIF by South Park

I appreciate the amount of work you put into this thread. But sometimes…you just have to let it go.

Channing Tatum Dancing GIF

The name is cool though. I hope they re-use the name.

God no, the game itself went stupid with the edge lord head phone wearing protag. It should have been just a pure dark fantasy game not that crap they pushed with Mr Edgelord.

The game looked horrible and it was a good thing to kill it.

Headphones =/= “edge lord”

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder what people would think of famous gaming characters if they were brand new.

Like, would people hate Nero and Dante today if DMC was just coming to fruition?:joy:

3 Likes

It’s dead, Jim.

yeah reboot the game, i think it will be a success. who knows they might end up under XGS if they worked together.

1 Like

Platinum? hahahahaha

By all rumours, an game featuring dragons and RPG elements is currently in production with IOI through Xbox Global Publishing.

In that context, there doesn’t really seem to be a pressing need to revive another game featuring dragons and RPG elements right now.

tbf a WRPG with dragons is lot different from a JRPG with dragons.

The W makes all the difference

1 Like

True, but two points on that:

1. Was Scalebound to be a JRPG? That would spell ‘turn based’ for me, not just that the developers were from Japan. Platinum makes action games so my assumption was this was an action game with RPG elements. Nothing in the lead post disabused me of that notion, with talk of ‘skill’ and ‘timing’.

2. We have no idea what ‘Project Dragon’ is to be other than fantasy, RPG elements, and probably involving dragons.

That one is also said to be connected world and co-op. I hope the implications of connected world means it’s open-world and you can fly dragons in it. It’s about damn time we had a AAA quality dragon flying tbh

Solution is simple:

1. Buy Sega
  2. Remake/reboot Panzer Dragoon Saga

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Why are you associating jrpg with turn based

1 Like

That’s traditionally what it’s meant, no?

An action RPG that just happened to be from a Japanese team is an action RPG, not a JRPG.

JRPGs are not all turn based tho, this year alone one of the highest rated games and onwards to be the most successful in the franchise is Tales of Arise which was fully realtime.

Well the going back to your previous point, is there actually a big difference between a JRPG and a WRPG then?

If either game can be anything and the prefix just relates to what country the game is made in, then there is technically no difference at all, or all the difference in the world, game depending.