XBOX needs to revive Scalebound

All I want to say is that the game had no Bad Buzz its biggest Bad Buzz was the cancellation I mean I have known people who bought an XBOX One just for Scalebound because there was already few Japanese titles and it was seen as the spiritual successor of Panzer Dragoon.

This looked nothing like that tho

1 Like

I feel like it’s with this game along with others like Ryse and maybe Recore that people feel so strongly about leaving them in the past and never wanting these games to get a second chance. Like because these games came out when Xbox was in a bad place they don’t deserve to come back.

1 Like

Again we only saw from the Pre Alpha any game is nothing like this Stadium read the Gamesradar article who could see Scalebound at a more advanced stage.

Scalebound has been hiding a fundamental gameplay system from us. But now that I’ve seen it, I’m very excited indeed

Up until now, something has felt a bit lacking in Scalebound. Something bold. Something brash. Something aggressive, and clever, and somewhat intricate in its spectacle. In short, something Platinum. Whenever I’ve seen the game, it’s just seemed to miss that certain something that makes the likes of Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising such an enriching hoot.

IMO the best solution is to revived the theme and gameplay of some of these games, but with a new name. If they really have the potential that some people think that they do(I’m agnostic on the issue myself) then then a new game given proper resources should flourish. I feel like some people become too attached to the name, which doesn’t make sense for games that didn’t have great success or weren’t even released.

1 Like

the name does not matter what to keep in my opinion is the universe (mix between Pandora / Avatar and Star Wars) the concept Dragon Link, the possibility of riding a dragon in an open world, giant bosses, 4-player co-op, RPG and combat system BTA-type dynamic and you have Scalebound, call it what you want for me nothing changes

I will also add the relationship with the dragon, at the beginning Thuban did not obey Drew correctly and he had to gain confidence, take good care of his dragon so that he could evolve.

It sure isn’t evidence of excitement, as the OP was claiming. We’re just trying to keep the discussion realistic and devoid of hyperboles.

As others have said already, Xbox doesn’t need to do this.

Should they create a spiritual successor using the core? Probably.

I don’t agree with saying Scalebound looked bad or unappealing but I think its something better left in the past and not bring it back at this point.

2 Likes

wish they applied this same logic for “BGS NEEDS to make a fallout this gen”

Spongebob Squarepants Tea GIF

2 Likes

Well if it’s any consolation to OP, Platinum has said they would still like to make Scalebound with MS.

I got into xbox because I was hyped with Scalebound.

But if it was canceled, there was a reason behind that decision and I accept that. Let Scalebound rest in peace.

I found the Scalebound protagonist extremely off putting as well. Game seems pretty awesome in concept (almost could be something like MH?) but poor execution all around.

Scalebound doesn’t need to come back, but wouldn’t mind an attempt at something similar from a different team.

1 Like

I actually still have this in my Xbox pins, from the store page way back when it was announced.

But yeah, it wasn’t looking too hot. Sucks that IIRC this is the last time MS has attempted to work with a JP dev to punlish an exclusive (not counting rumors like Kojima’s game). Still waiting on XGS to publish a Japanese developed game again.

If you click on it, you get transferred to the timeline where the game wasn’t cancelled

Lol, it actually did used to bring me to the store page, long after it was cancelled even. I think the new store update wiped that though, now it just infinitely loads.

“Needs to” is a stretch. I’d welcome it, but it’s not gonna happen.

1 Like

Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons

Yeah. Xbox definitely doesn’t have enough RPGs…

Scalebound should stay dead and buried.

2 Likes

I think people are acting hyperbolic about the reception on both side. It was very divisive. A lot of people were extremely vocal about how terrible they thought it looked. But there also was a sizable about of people excited for it too. The truth was in the middle.

I always thought it sounded over-ambitious for the hardware of last-gen and that sent up red flags. Maybe the Xbox Series would have more luck with it.

But I loved that it wasn’t another self-serious, dry fantasy world. The headphones moment was the part that actually got me interested. I was eager to see what it would be. And, of course, co-op <3

But this is all, of course, for naught. It’s not gonna happen.

1 Like