Xbox Insider Program: Update Release Notes and Discussion

I had a store update download, but it didn’t change to the new store. I am an Insider. I rebooted the console. And in my Insider app, it’s asking me how I enjoy the new store. Anyone know how to make it work?

CHECK YOUR STORE

I live in Brazil, so I’m not part of the 4 territories that were included in the initial new store testing, but my app updated today and I have the new store!

Edit: It seems to be also available in Franc and Australia.

I got the new store last week in the UK. Is the play button gone? You used to be and to play a game directly from the store.

Finally got the new store. It’s much faster indded though im having some bugs/crashes (when I open the wishlist for example the pop-up doesn’t get the UI input, so it basically breaks the store until I reboot)

I like that the new store replaces both the store tab and app, but I wish it kept the shoulder and trigger button navigation. For faster scrolling up/down left/right

Edit. Some of the twists do support the shoulder buttons. I guess some are disabled either by oversight or bug

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2010\19041.4690.200817-0000
  • Available : 2 p.m. PT – August 18, 2020
  • Mandatory : 3 a.m. PT – August 19, 2020

Fixes Implemented

Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:

Community

• Fixed an issue with viewing shared items could cause the Community feed to crash.

Game Pass

• Users should no longer lose focus from the popup box when trying to redeem perks.
  • Fixed an issue where Play Later would not display titles in correct order.

Guide

• Fixed an issue where adjusting an individual’s party chat volume would not work.
  • Users should no longer see a blank box when loading the Friends tab.
  • Fixed an issue where setting an Achievement as a favorite would cause to total Gamerscore to decrease.
  • Users should now be able to dismiss the Search UI via the B button.

My Games & Apps

• Users should no longer see DLC content in “Leftover add-ons” for games that are still installed.

System

• Fixed an issue where users playing compatible titles with mouse and keyboard could cause the console to shut down unexpectedly.
    • Note: If you see this behavior on the console after the update, disconnect the mouse and keyboard and play the title normally. Then, reconnect both and try the title again. Report the behavior on the console if it shuts down again and is rebooted.
  • Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
    • Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.

Known Issues

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.

New issues we’re investigating:

Guide

• We’ve received reports of the Guide not launching or loading.

Parties

• Some users have reported being unable to connect or join parties.

We’re still tracking these known issues:

Audio

• Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
    • Workaround : Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
  • Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
    • Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.

Game DVR

• Some users have reported that clips are being recorded without audio. We are aware and investigating.
    • Note: When reporting the issue, please be sure to include details about what resolution, length, and game you were trying to record.

Guide

• Some users have reported that the audio mixer cannot be used to adjust chat/game audio levels.

My Games & Apps

• Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
    • Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
  • Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.

New Store Experience

• Some titles may display a “Not currently available” message on the product page and will be unavailable to purchase
    • Note: Users can use the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows to complete purchases for these items.
  • Users will not be able to use the “gifting” option for both Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles at this time.
  • Users will not be able to use the “Build a bundle” functionality at this time
    • Workaround: Create the bundle via the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows.
  • Xbox Design Lab customization is not currently supported.
    • Workaround: Use the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows to purchase.

Profile Color

• Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

This was super annoying. Glad it’s fixed.

Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip-Ahead (2010.200819-0000)

by Jon Xbox Program Manager • Aug 20, 2020 @ 10:37am

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2008\19041.4704.200819-0000
  • Available : 2 p.m. PT – August 20, 2020
  • Mandatory : 3 a.m. PT – August 21, 2020

Fixes Implemented

Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:

Guide

• Users should no longer have issues deleting party invites.

Home

• Fixed an issue where the dashboard would crash/reload when scrolling through content blocks.

My Games & Apps

• Additional fixes to DLC content appearing in “Leftover add-ons” for games that are still installed.

Parties

• Fixes to address issues with users joining and connecting to parties.

System

• Additional fixes for users playing compatible titles with mouse and keyboard causing the console to shut down unexpectedly.
    • Note: If you see this behavior on the console after the update, disconnect the mouse and keyboard and play the title normally. Then, reconnect both and try the title again. Report the behavior on the console if it shuts down again and is rebooted.
    • Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.

Known Issues

We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.

Audio

• Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
    • Workaround : Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
  • Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
    • Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.

Game DVR

• Some users have reported that clips are being recorded without audio. We are aware and investigating.
    • Note: When reporting the issue, please be sure to include details about what resolution, length, and game you were trying to record.

Guide

• Some users have reported that the audio mixer cannot be used to adjust chat/game audio levels.

My Games & Apps

• Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
    • Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
  • Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.

New Store Experience

• Some titles may display a “Not currently available” message on the product page and will be unavailable to purchase
    • Note: Users can use the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows to complete purchases for these items.
  • Users will not be able to use the “gifting” option for both Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles at this time.

Profile Color

• Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.

Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2010.200824-0000)

by Jon Xbox Program Manager • Aug 25, 2020 @ 10:35am

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2010\19041.4733.200824-0000
  • Available : 2 p.m. PT – August 25, 2020
  • Mandatory : 3 a.m. PT – August 26, 2020

New Features and Experiences

We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.

New Xbox Experience

This month Xbox Insiders are getting the first chance to play with some upcoming new features including an updated look for the dashboard. Make sure you read the blog post here for all the details.

Fixes Implemented

Game Pass

• Fixes an issue with adding titles to Play Later causing the console to shut down unexpectedly.

My Games & Apps

• Fixes to titles not launching such as No Man’s Sky and Grounded.

System

• Additional fixes for users playing compatible titles with mouse and keyboard causing the console to shut down unexpectedly.

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

New Store Experience

Profile Color

So, how are we liking the new dashboard?

The change should be more drastic for those who are not insiders, but being on Alpha Skip-Ahead, most of the best features were already available for me.

Rounded edged icons are neat, but I’m not really feeling the rounded edged tiles. The profile theme is a nice little addition and has potential to become something bigger.

I don’t think the dashboard is faster, but I always found it to be pretty fast (at least on my One X). The transition to the new Store is also more seamless since it now has the same design.

I’m liking the visuals a lot more. While it was not bad looking before it felt like something wasn’t clicking. This made it click for me. Specially the guide when they moved the buttons to the bottom it looked really odd now I like it a lot.

I didn’t find the profile theme, just the usual change color which ends up changing the whole accent color for me. Where’s it located?

It’s still not available on the console, you have to set it on the Xbox PC app:

Themes are still a work in progress, so pardon our dust!

• As the on-console theme picker is still being finished, please use the Xbox (Beta) app on PC to set a theme via the following process:
    • Download and install the Xbox (Beta) app from the Windows Store.
    • Once signed-in, click on your Gamerpic in the upper right and choose “View profile.”
    • Click on “Change background,” then choose from one of the themes available.
    • Once set, the theme should now show up on your profile in the Xbox (Beta) app, in Game Bar, and on console.

Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2010.200826-0000)

by Jon Xbox Program Manager • Aug 27, 2020 @ 12:08pm

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2010\19041.4743.200826-0000
  • Available : 2 p.m. PT – August 27, 2020
  • Mandatory : 3 a.m. PT – August 28, 2020

New Features and Experiences

We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.

Private Media Sharing

Sharing game clips and screenshots is a core component of the Social experience on Xbox and you’ll learn more about how we’re expanding this functionality with the new Share button on Xbox Series X Wireless Controllers. But we also want to keep user privacy at the center of our experience. When uploading game clips and screenshots to Xbox Live by default your media will now be private and only visible by you until manually shared to a message, club, activity feed, or social network.

With this change, users will notice the following on their console:

• The Captures tab on the Profile screen has been removed
  • Activity Feeds will now only include content that has been manually shared
  • The setting to automatically share game clips and screenshots has been removed
  • All content uploaded to Xbox Live will be private by default until it has been shared

Fixes Implemented

Guide

• Users should no longer see a duplicate “Invitations” button in the Parties tab.
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect title would launch when attempting to use the Join Game option.

System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

New Store Experience

Profile Color

Why are they removing the option to auto share? This is stupid XD

Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha (2010.200830-0000)

by Jon Xbox Program Manager • Aug 31, 2020 @ 10:42am

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2010\19041.4767.200830-0000
  • Available : 2 p.m. PT – August 31, 2020
  • Mandatory : 3 a.m. PT – September 1, 2020

Fixes Implemented

Parties

• Fixes to address users getting stuck in “Connecting” state when trying to join/create parties.

New Store Experience

• Fixed an issue where trailers would not play on product pages.
  • Users should no longer see the “Owned” tag on consumable items.
  • Games accessible via a subscription should no longer appear as “Owned”
  • Fixes to address the app not launching for some users.

System

Known Issues

New issues we’re investigating:

Guide

• Some users are reporting that they cannot launch background audio apps (Spotify, Soundcloud, Pandora) via the Guide.
  • We’ve received reports that the Delete button in the Share menu isn’t appearing correctly and can’t be selected.

Home

• Some users are reporting seeing blank dropdown menus across the dashboard. We’re aware and investigating.

Audio

Guide

My Games & Apps

New Store Experience

Profile Color

Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200901-0000)

by Jon Xbox Program Manager • Sep 2, 2020 @ 10:37am

System Update Details:

• OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5063.200901-0000
  • Available : 2 p.m. PT – September 2, 2020
  • Mandatory : 3 a.m. PT – September 3, 2020

Fixes Implemented

Guide

• Fixed an issue where users could not launch background audio apps (Spotify, Soundcloud, Pandora) via the Guide.

Home

• Users should no longer see blank dropdown menus across the dashboard.

System

Known Issues

Audio

Guide

• We’ve received reports that the Delete button in the Share menu isn’t appearing correctly and can’t be selected.
  • We’ve received reports of the Guide not launching or loading.

My Games & Apps

New Store Experience

Profile Color

The “My games and apps” tile nas changed for me after the latest Skip Ahead update

1 Like

Anybody having constant crashes with the microsoft edge app? Always have to restore a page and it is freezing

Oh boy, it seems we will be getting an August build tomorrow.

And so I joined to Skip Ahead on the SX as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope they fix the white pixels around the tiles borders, i can’t unsee it :frowning: