Xbox Games With Gold |OT| Get 'Em While You Still Can

The Raven eh? I’ve always wanted to try out that adventure game,so that’s cool.

Agreed though that GwG isn’t super great anymore. If we compare this to PS…nah.

This is just bad PR at this point, the inevitable comparisons to PS+ games etc…

Time to kill it or offer something good each month.

Agree. My brother was around the other day and said he got Bugsnax free with PS+. There is a gigantic difference between the two.

I’ve been logging all the GWG games in a spreadsheet since they launched in 2013 & this year is not all that bad compared to prior years.

2020 - 74 Metacritic Average - $1,085.02

2019 - 75 Metacritic Average - $1,112.53

The $27.51 difference was down to a lower value on Xbox 360/Original Xbox games since the Xbox One games had the same value as in 2019.

Xbox One and Xbox 360 games both had a 2-point lower Metacritic average in 2020 vs 2019, but Original Xbox games had the same average.

Best Metacritic is still in 2013 with an 83 average score. 2019 had the most value at $1,112,53.

Those are just some of the data points I can give. If you’re interested in anything else let me know.

5 Likes

Disappointing month, i already have completed Stacking and The Raven.

The Raven is a good adventure game but very janky.

2 Likes

would be nice to see a comparison of Metacritic and costs over the years since you started tabulating the data. thanks for all the work. Really appreciate it personally. I have always been curious, however, about the trend of particular months being good. e.g. are the months around E3 the ones with better-rated games? is the holiday season better? I personally feel like it’s too random but it would be interesting to analyse the data set.

No problem. Better rated games look to be random. This year the best months were November(81) & July(80). Last year it was August(84) & January(82).

Worst month ever was October 2019 with a 63. Best month ever was March 2015 with 90(it only had one XB1 game - Rayman Legends, but Tomb Raider & Bioshock Infinite were the 360 games).

As for costs they have been over $1000 each year starting in 2015. With it averaging $1070 ± $25. Last year at $1112.53 was an outlier.

If you’re interested in seeing the spreadsheet send me PM & I will send you a link.

1 Like

Games With Gold for December 2020

Yep indeed got the 1st episode for free and wanting to know more. Really enjoyable game. Since it is a remaster hope it is bugs free.

well, its not bug free, i had some freezes. Save early, save often! There were also some issues with achievements.

1 Like

Thanks yep it is my mantra I save often to prevent crashes.

1 Like

Can saints row gat out of hell (xbox 360) not be redeemed from the console? I don’t feel like setting up a Xbox 360 just to redeem it.

Yes.

Frontlines: Fuel of War (360 game) is free with Games With Gold in Japan. Just access the link below and claim the game:

4 Likes

Oh, nice. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m sorry but how does this and the playstation plus topics get pinned but Game Pass OT doesn’t? I don’t get it. SMH.

Great month! I’m particularly excited for Dead Rising and King of Fighters XIII!

3 Likes

Yes Breakdown ! Great month!

2 Likes

Decent! At least one game I’m interested in.

1 Like

It still amazes me how we can play a 2004 game on a 2020 console without any struggle! And in 4K!

1 Like