Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Absolutely true. I’d still like to see him on there though.

Last shows’ tweet

1 Like

Aaron is a real one for this.

I’m totally getting the controller. 20th anniversary xbox controller has a good run as number 1.

https://twitter.com/Skyhammer_games/status/1665867568375029761

Translation

Here’s another photo of the controller and helmets from starfield! to xbox! that will be announced in #XboxGamesShowcase. The edit I’ve added is to avoid giving away the source. ![:eyes:]

5 Likes

Would be awkward if Grubb leaked parts or even the whole showcase and talk with Phil after it’s over.

Some he “lied” like Perfect Dark Announcement, Hi-Fi Rush debut, and so on. That said him allowing everyone to go wild is very telling. I like to believe that all the feedbacks since then led to this showcase to be the one for all.

I was excited for this but then I realised this isn’t Gerstman and it’s the new Giant Bomb :frowning:

1 Like

I didn’t even want to chime in on the talk about any Xbox marketing approach because I am on my beach vacation and will be excited to enjoy what I expect to be a very fun show on Sunday before I return to the office. But I definitely disagree that Xbox is doing any type of over hyping with this year’s show at all. They have just made some things clear about the boundaries of things when answering questions from fans such as no 12 month wall, no CGI only first party trailers which is great for me and something that everyone should be glad for given prior history, and other small things such as 4K 60 fps live stream which is also awesome to see some higher fidelity when viewing content for the first time.

Some tweets from Xbox people about being excited to show their games as they should be is hardly overhyping, that would be if Xbox themselves were saying this will be the “showcase of dreams” or some other over the top messaging. So just enjoy the video games and be excited for Sunday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Slow ass week

1 Like

Calm before storm.

2 Likes

Id rather see him on a panel that cares about xbox tbh. It seems like hes the only big corporate guy whos going onto these shows that in general dont give two shit about xbox. Now granted kinda funny only in last few years made an xbox centric panel. Before that they were basically ps fanboys site

1 Like

I just looked at this resource from Grubb to see what’s happening this week:

There’s a good number of events but I have no idea what some of them are.

If the Tribeca Games Spotlight was hosted by Angie Tribeca I’m sold.

2 Likes

Wonder if Atomic Heart DLC will be announced at SGF or Xbox showcase

2 Likes

I call xbox

DLC are rarely part of Game Pass and 95% of games at the showcase are on Game Pass.

IMO it’s more likely at the SFG.

Or is there an extended Xbox showcase ?

1 Like

Extended showcase is happening this year.

2 Likes

I think Atomic Heart will be at SGF. It fits better. DLC is inherently less exciting than new games and third party DLC even less so for a first party showcase.

Well that’s one thing that got leaked.

2 Likes

Add in capcom event on 12th

1 Like

This hardly counts as a leak lol. Of course it’s releasing that day, it’s already in stores.