Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Maybe should pull Geoff’s reaction face for Elden Ring to clue us in.

I’m kidding.

You just know this is how these flipfloping assholes will spin it.

1 Like

“Xbox Showcased Games that Rivals Redfall”

“Xbox Presented PS as True Foundation of GaaS.”

“PS Proved First Party Titles Never Mattered While Xbox is Behind Time”

1 Like

Only thing you should expect to be tempered is the sword being used in the Avowed demo. :triumph:

5 Likes

…. Do you really not know who sarah bond is?

I mean, I understand being skeptical, the company putting on the show is never going to be like “Hey, dont bother this year, our shit sucks”

But with the recent rough patch they’ve been through, the confidence seems promising.

YES!!! I’m so very happy now!!

He didn’t lied, the event was good… for a xbox user (I’m just saying about games, there’s no console wars here)

7 Likes

To be fair if Jez heard about 3rd party stuff like Alan Wake 2, Dragon’s Dogma 2 and MGS3 Remake and thought that Sony would also have a decent 1st party showing being a very good show was the most logical thing to assume. The fact that it was this mediocre (even with some really good 3rd party stuff) it was definitely a surprise to most of us I think. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Happy to see Sarah excited! positive energy people! :partying_face:

2 Likes

On paper, the Sony show is excellent, that’s a lot of very hyped games that were either announced or shown for the first time

I doubt Jez was told there would be basically no first party stuff and what was there being a lot of CG but was likely told about things like Dogma 2, AW2, MGS3 etc which of course sounds great

According to Steam, season 12 of Fallout 76 is ending on June 13, so it’s very likely that the next update will be released this day.

2 Likes

That’s the extended showcase day.

They always release updates on Tuesdays so it can be at main showcase too.

I’d prefer it not be.

2 Likes

Don’t like seeing updates on successful games from major franchises?

I really just want them to show Avowed and thats it. So long as they do that, I’ll be satisfied.

No, I don’t like updates to games that are several years old being highlighted in a big showcase. That is extended showcase or blog post content.

That isn’t an indictment of their quality, I have been a proponent of Fallout 76 for a long time. However, in a showcase that is for all intents and purposes is being billed as the showcase where we “finally see the future of xbox” spending a bunch of time on old games, no matter how successful, isn’t big show content anymore.

In my opinion, naturally.

4 Likes

It’s a 90 minute show for a reason, we should all expect that there will be some stuff that isn’t for us. I suppose they could have made it a 80 minute show without GaaS, or a 30 minute show with only AAA games if that’s what you guys prefer.

7 Likes

Right. Also a 2 minute trailer of FO76/SoT/ESO etc. is not taking the spot of whatever big game Xbox could show lol. If it isn’t there, whatever it is, it’s because it wasn’t ready for prime time yet.

Own showcase or not… It is back to back

Basically it is just in name and a different team preparing it.

For viewers, they have already told us that they will end the showcase with starfield.