Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Iirc just the main theme. Russel Shaw was the main composer.

1 Like

That’s the point, the new narrative can be “well fable wasn’t there” to have something to be negative about.

10 Likes

Yeah. He composed the main theme.

1 Like

Exactly. Us Xbox fans should know BETTER by now… To be falling for certain traps and setting ourselves up. I understand being hyped but the showcase is around the corner lets wait and see first…

Holy hell, if you think there’s no chance a game in dev for 6 years that just got directly teased isn’t going to be there, and you’re legitimately scared to think it might, that’s a serious personal issue and you should stop following games so closely.

1 Like

lol k.

PSA

For those of you who are new to this site, you might be wondering why there are so many posters pushing back against hyping up the Xbox show while advocating for you to temper your expectations. This is because a few years ago Xbox fans hyped up the Xbox showcase to mythical proportions, and when the show didn’t deliver (on what was never promised), those same fans began to “doom and gloom” anything and everything related to Xbox. It was, to say the least, insufferable for a bit.

So, to make sure that never happens again, many here have decided to make sure that hype levels remain within reason and people are made well aware that the show might not be the “Blow the f***ing doors off” showcase many are expecting. Whether you like this or not doesn’t matter because it’s going to happen.

Personally I think it’s ok to get as hyped as you want to be and speculate as much as you want as long as you’re aware that the show might indeed suck similarly to Sony’s latest showcase. Have fun and try not to take any of this too seriously, please.

PSA #2:

When you see someone getting too hyped for the showcase

:smile:

21 Likes

We shouldn’t hype ourselves up with videos like that, read too much into it.

But to be honest, thinking it can appear isn’t that crazy. I can definitely understand that people are expecting it. Fable has been a thing since at least 2018 now.

But it’s definitely best to just wait and see.

5 Likes

Wasn’t the Playground RPG team basically a skeleton crew ?

Iirc it was reported at the beginning the Playground RPG was multiplatform and not Fable. If it’s true the game was probably very early in development, maybe even just an idea or plan.

My biggest issue is people don’t know how to handle disappointment and go off on extremes which is set off by thinking the showcase will be the one and then it’s not. I also find it annoying when people go on and say don’t tell me not to get hyped, I’m sorry but we’ve been here a million times to understand where it all ends up.

This is video games as well so to me it does make me sorta laugh when people go off because they weren’t shown marketing material for a video game at a gaming event.

I have done my predictions and included Fable, do I think it’s a 1000% lock no chance not being there, no but I have a good feeling and guess what if it’s not there I’m good with Starfield, Forza and Diablo. Fable isn’t going to be out this year so it really doesn’t bother me, still thinking it’s 2024/2025 so we will most likely see it next year anyway if we don’t this year and no it’s not a wait till next year thing :joy:

6 Likes

This guy gets it…

1 Like

3 Likes

If Fable doesn’t show up after that video, Xbox will get a lot of flak and they’ll deserve it. The music sounding virtually identical to the Bowerstone theme in Fable 1, plus following a “glitter bread crumb” trail to the objective, which in this case is the showcase, is a very heavy handed hint.

I’m not saying it definitely will feature, but to put a hint out like that with what they have in the pipeline is stupid and was bound to make people draw certain conclusions. If they didn’t know that, then the Xbox social media teams need some training. But then it’s got people hyped so I guess it’s done its job.

7 Likes

Eh, if you make a tweet like that then I am expecting Fable. I know I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but that is how I feel

2 Likes

I’ll stand by what I said

Go in expecting Fable now if you wish but i’ll have no sympathy for anyone that does based on the video if it doesn’t show

1 Like

That’s why I try to expect nothing and go in with an open mind. Because if I do I can only expect to be disappointed.

I agree, that was a very specific video. It might not be Fable, but literally EVERYONE thinks it’s hinting at it, so though it’s not confirmation of anything, I think people are welcome to draw certain conclusions. It wasn’t even a subtle hint.

It’s also their biggest IP once Starfield is out, so it would make sense to finally show it, it’s been almost 3 years since the reveal trailer.

2 Likes

I’m not expecting it, but I do think there’s a strong chance. I promise not to be devastated if I don’t see it, because I know it’s coming eventually and I have a lot of faith in that creative director.

Yeah, that’s exactly how I feel. It’s been 3 years and that tweet is giving strong Fable vibes. Hopefully, it’s shown at the showcase because it can be a huge moment for Microsoft if they have gameplay ready to show

Media already laying the grounds to shit on Xbox.

9 Likes